• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know if I'll be able to go that far. Depends on a few things
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheboard View Post
      My e will be back together soon.. hopefully.
      I either need a new diff, or a new driveshaft(again)
      Anyone have any input? The driveshaft has about ~10k miles on it, I just rebuilt the CV axles and replaced the tranny mounts(these were in half, maybe caused the driveshaft to go bad again? the u-joints feel fine when it's off the car. New fluid is in the diff
      What is the problem you're having?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kwill22 View Post
        Know if I'll be able to go that far. Depends on a few things
        I figured the drive would be nice along the beach road. Up for other suggestions!

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Anyone have any input? The driveshaft has about ~10k miles on it, I just rebuilt the CV axles and replaced the tranny mounts(these were in half, maybe caused the driveshaft to go bad again? the u-joints feel fine when it's off the car. New fluid is in the diff
          If you're going through driveshafts is it your Ujoints? If so something is binding or stressing them. Diff mount severely worn or installing the driveshaft with tension in the joints could do it. Are you having any noises?

I'm down for St.Aug but my wife's due the 11th so i dont know what'll happen if she goes early or later so I won't have an idea until closer to that time. An A1A cruises would be perfect
          DENY IGNORANCE!
          Schwarz 325-totaled
          brilliantrot 318i-daily

don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

1st should be fine. I'm trying to finish my m60 swap by then but I need to road tester first
            sigpic
            323i MTEC1
            Z3 coupe
            E60 M5

Comment

I should be able to go Nov 1.
              1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
              1990 325i 24v
              1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

forgot to include the symptoms lol..
                the problem is a vibration under load, mostly above 2k rpms. really bad vibration and you can feel it coming from the rear or towards the rear of the car.

e30 u-joints aren't serviceable so yes they were replaced with the driveshaft
                also diff mount looks solid no cracks.
                no noises other than what the vibration causes
                sigpic
                Originally posted by e30hijinks
                I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Sounds like the center support bearing could be failing you, very common on our cars. Symptons dont sound right for the u joints.

Additionally, I am selling my 1987 ETA

1990 325i 24v

Comment

i should be down for the cruse.
                    man my weekends are filling up for the next month.
                    sigpic

Comment

I second CSB. You didn't install it with tension on the bushing did you? I know that pretentioning the csb was floating around for whatever reason. That'll wear it out prematurely much like bolting up the guibo the wrong way. Made sure driveshaft was put together perfectly so it stayed balanced when you installed it?
                      DENY IGNORANCE!
                      Schwarz 325-totaled
                      brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

The csb and guibo were replaced along with the driveshaft. I'm not sure what y'all mean by pretentioning and how to insure it stays properly balanced during install? I hope I haven't messed the new(ish) shaft up.. But it will be nice to know what is causing this
                        sigpic
                        I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

the CSB's fail a lot, I always just spin the driveshaft a few times while it's connected before tightening the CSB down.
                          Last edited by andrewm; 10-10-2014, 05:32 AM.
                          1990 325i 24v

Comment

When you replace the CSB you have to separate the 2 halves of the driveshaft by unscrewing the big collar nut. You're supposed to mark both sides of the driveshaft so you know exactly how it went together so it stays balanced.

As far as pretentioning the CSB. When you bolt it up some people thought that you should slide it forward so that there is tension on the bushing when you tightened it instead of just positioning it normally without any tension.
                            DENY IGNORANCE!
                            Schwarz 325-totaled
                            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Yeah I made sure the side went together the same way they came apart. No I did not do the pretentioning procedure, I'll line it up with some string to ensure that it is straight from diff flange to trans flange when I get back in town
                              Thanks for the advice!
                              sigpic

Comment

Anybody going to cars and coffee tomorrow?
                                DENY IGNORANCE!
                                Schwarz 325-totaled
                                brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Working...
                                X