Jacksonville, FL E30 fam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok- engine is apart.both rear qts are rusted, trunk floor and part of the subframe need to be replaced. Interior is intact and all engine components are there. The guy started with he is moving and then at the end of his speech he says they are working on 74 2002 so this one has to go.
    I think he asking too much for a non running car or am I wrong ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

I say too much

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
        Ok- engine is apart.both rear qts are rusted, trunk floor and part of the subframe need to be replaced. Interior is intact and all engine components are there. The guy started with he is moving and then at the end of his speech he says they are working on 74 2002 so this one has to go.

I think it's too much for a rusted non running car. If it had no rust I wouldn't have a problem paying 5k for it even if it wasn't running.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

it was great finally meeting you all. i hope we can make this a monthly thing. maybe not in theses colder months but who knows.
          sigpic

Comment

Subframe? Nope. How are the rear towers? Personally, a non-running, with rust for 5K. Not feeling it.

Think of the amount of rust you actually saw and wonder about the rust you didn't. Better to keep looking IMHO!

Comment

hey was looking at some photos and I found a video of when I first fired her up. As you can imagine it was a relief to see it run. hope to be road worthy soon
              Last edited by Old city bimmer; 11-03-2014, 01:13 PM.
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

So...walked outside to go to work this morning and what do I see on the driveway underneath my car....coolant. I knew then that I'll be doing a Water Pump, timing belt, tensioner, thermostat this evening.

Anyone have any of the parts I listed above? New, not used.

Thanks
                Chuck
                sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Got all the parts I needed. Got most of if torn down and will hopefully be finishing it up tomorrow night. It just sucks that it gets dark by 6pm now.
                  sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Yea when I get off work and it's already getting darker it sucks.
                    DENY IGNORANCE!
                    Schwarz 325-totaled
                    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Damn that sucks chuck.
                      But yeah - by the time I get home it's dark and really can't get much done either. I need to finish some wiring.
                      sigpic
                      323i MTEC1
                      Z3 coupe
                      E60 M5

Comment

Anyone got welding equipment? I need to weld my shifter rod ?
                        sigpic
                        323i MTEC1
                        Z3 coupe
                        E60 M5

Comment

So, last night I was finishing up by water pump/timing belt and started putting in the coolant...and it started leaking out the bottom rather quick. I pulled everything back apart and found the leak to be at the top of the water pump. I called it a night at this point. Got up this morning and finished tearing it back apart and found that I pinched the paper gasket on installation. I just pulled it off and put some Permatex The Right Stuff. Went back in perfect with no leaks. Bled the system and am back up and running. She even feels a little more responsive but maybe its just me.

I also found out that the engine isn't even the original engine on the car. Car is a 91 and engine is from a 87 325i Coupe. Found Vin sticker on engine block.

Anyone got welding equipment? I need to weld my shifter rod ?
                          I have a MIG welder, no gas.
                          sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Good news...you are back and running. Yep those gasket can be tricky. I usually apply small amount on the gasket so it can stick to the surface and it won't move on installation.

Thanks for the offer. I got a local shop to weld it for me. I got all gears working now so I can drive it.
                            Tomorrow I going to finish off some wiring and take it for a actual drive to see how she behaves.

sigpic
                            323i MTEC1
                            Z3 coupe
                            E60 M5

Comment

I have a buddy who wants to do a M62 swap using M60 wiring and DME. I told him about you so maybe we can all meet up to check out your build.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                              sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Yeah - anytime.
                                sigpic
                                323i MTEC1
                                Z3 coupe
                                E60 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X