Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunate events

posted else were, just want results

Back in February my car developed the signs of a leaky valve seal which I isolated to number four cylinder(front to back), you know engine decelerates and you get the Bat smoke screen out back, along with a fouled spark plug cause it was soaked from the oil build up and of course hesitation. I took this opportunity to refresh everything in this car, Top to bottom. Well my head was taken to the machine shop and I was told I needed over sized guides. Doing the math and trying to do things before the weather got better and customers cars needing attention I figured getting another head with refreshed parts was the better option. My bud Pwagon informed me that 328ijunkie(Dave) had a head for 400.00. I paid for the head and this is where things started.

I paid for the head in May...I wait and wait, and I finally ask Pwagon to get in contact with 328ijunkie, turns out that he has this problem with his landlord and has to move, oh and that he is waiting for a cam-seal...np except that it took almost a month for me to get the head. I didn't care about the cam seal cause I was using my 282 cam from the original head and during this month wait I could have ordered a dozen cam seal via snail mail and not have had to wait this long.

Last week the mechanical stage of my project was complete, I took the car out the next day and let her Idle while I looked for signs of trouble. with no issues under the hood I continued my pre-flight and thats when I noticed the my tail pipe was spitting out the same black condensation out the back, well I chalked it up to residual from previous remains but when it subsided I had what looked like blue smoke, again trying not to think of the feelings about the head, I said "things are new and the car is still warming up". After an hour and a half I set off. I look in the mirror and there it was BATMAN smoke screen, I was not above 2700rpms so no heavy pedal action to speak of and I wasn't engine braking, came back to the house checked a few things, nothing..lets give it time. Well a weeks(5 days) worth of driving and I go out with the misses and at a light I go to take off and the car stumbles to accelerate. Sh*t I know that feeling. next morning take plugs out and 1,2,5 are toast(not 4 like before) and my oil light was on...WHAT! I had only driven 200 miles, I replace the affected plugs and a Qt and a half of oil. I drive around again, highway speeds another 250 miles done and it happened again. I replaced affected plugs again and add oil AGAIN. I trailer the car to NY cause I was driving it back down, this was a 36 hour turn around, well I changed the plugs again in D.C. and oil and oil again in N.C.(south of the border) and stretched it till I got home at 2am friday. I AM PISSED, but I make contact with 328ijunkie and keep a good head.

Last edited by pilotskillse30; 10-13-2011, 07:03 AM.
    sigpic

This matter was taken care of in a professional manner by Dave and his staff of enthusiast.
    sigpic

Comment

Good to hear everything was sorted out.

I too am very familiar withthat Batman smoke screen. The M20 in my old 4dr was dubbed "ole' smoky" at the first rally I attended :p

Comment

Working...
      X