jax fl people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jax fl people...

how many of you guys live in jax? i am looking to move to there sometime between january and march... wondering what area's would be good or bad. i am thinking about south of jax beach but open to really anywhere.

is the job market terrible?

I've been in Jax since 2007. From what I can tell there are jobs here but it just depends on what you do and your experience level is.

There are a few ok areas. That depends a great deal on if your looking for a house or an apartment though. The Mandarin area is nice for houses in established neighbor hoods. South of Jax Beach there is Ponte Viedra which is pricey but good. If you have kids STAY AWAY from Duval county! St. Johns county is great as well as Clay county for schools. If I had it to do all over again I would have found a place in St. Augustine.

I would figure out where your going to work and figure it out from there. Morning rush hour traffic tends to move East. I live in Mandarin and drive west in the morning against the majority of traffic which is nice. Downtown is a mess for traffic but not as bad as Orlando or L.A..

Good luck on your move.
    - '83 911SC
    - '86 325ES
    - '98 M3
    - '14 328d

Comment

i'm only 26 so no kids lol. i am open to where i move. i am looking at both apartments and houses. it all depends on if people move with me.

i grew up in orlando so i know what a cluster fuck of traffic is like lol.

Comment

if youre thinking future and kids... orange park,fleming island,perhaps down phillips highway towards racetrack rd. area. but besides that beach blvd and south is pretty good. there are some good areas on the northside but it depends on how far you want to be from the main activities in jax such as the beach area, town center ect...

95 and i10 into and out of downtown can be annoying during rush hour but compaired to other major cities its nothing.
        DENY IGNORANCE!
        Schwarz 325-totaled
        brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
        don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Working...
        X