X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Run 11-19-05

11-19-05 Dragon Run
    Meeting 9:30 At the Gravel Parking lot on the North end of the Dragon
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Robbinsville+NC&ll=35.500229,-83.961811&spn=0.066249,0.164383&hl=en

The Gravel lot is To the Right of the Chilhowee Lake name. If heading South on 129 you'll see it up on your left, you'll be driving along side the river for a while and go up over a bridge and the parking lot is on the Left.

If anyone wants to caravan up From Chattanooga, we are going to meet at the Shell station off exit 33(north of cleveland). If going 75 north, get off exit 33 turn left and the shell station is on the left once you cross over the interstate. We'll meet at the station at 8 a.m. and leave no latter then 8:15-8:20 a.m.

We'll run the Dragon 2 times each way, then even more if everybody wants to. And maybe catch lunch somewhere in Marryville or Sweetwater aftewards.

Let me know if you are coming and where you plan on meeting the group.

Here are some basic directions
    From Chattanooga

75N to Sweetwatter then 68 east to 411 North, then 72 East to 129. You'll then go threw the dragon and come across the gas station once you enter in to NC.
    The drive is ruffly 1-1.5 hours from Chattanooga

From Atlanta

575 N, Rt 5, rt 76, 60 N, Spur 60 into NC, 64 towards Murphy, 129/19, then cut off on 129 In Robbinsville. Then you'll come up onto the dragon. It's probally 3 hour drive from Atlanta
    Last edited by rs4pro3; 11-07-2005, 02:46 PM.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Im a noob so....what is this about? and where is it?
    If your car isnt breaking, you're not driving it hard enough..

as Carrol Shelby once said "A good driver never experiences turbo lag."

Comment

a 6.5 hour drive for you...
      being in N ga mountains off near 400?

Comment

The Dragon, or Tail of the Dragon is a section of road between the TN and NC border that features 318 corners in an 11 mile stretch with no side roads or residential areas. It's about 30-40 mins away from Knoxville

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
          The Dragon, or Tail of the Dragon is a section of road between the TN and NC border that features 318 corners in an 11 mile stretch with no side roads or residential areas. It's about 30-40 mins away from Knoxville
          Fuckin WEIRD. Mark (wastedincome420) was working on Dave's new car with me tonight and he had a shirt from a motorcycle ride he did there. 318 corners and 11 mile stretch. What a coincidence. I'm so going there with the cabby.

Comment

crap i would go but there is an auto-x that weekend in gboro
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
              Fuckin WEIRD. Mark (wastedincome420) was working on Dave's new car with me tonight and he had a shirt from a motorcycle ride he did there. 318 corners and 11 mile stretch. What a coincidence. I'm so going there with the cabby.
              Scott,

Get the M50 in over the winter and come down in the Spring. Dragon is about 4-1/2 hours South of my place. I'll go with ya!
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

I'll come for a springtime run. hopefully someone organizes one then. I took my prelude down there last year. what a blast. lots 'o cops though when I went. Have fun!

Comment

Don't worry we do plenty of runs ussualy during the Fall mostly, but I'm up for whenever as it's only 50-60 mins away from my house.

Comment

I loved the last time I ran it, and I'd love to come up...

USC vs. Clemson @USC is the same day. I think you know what I'm doing.
                    The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I am up for it. I just gotta make sure that I can get off that weekend.
                      HDE30 <3

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                        I loved the last time I ran it, and I'd love to come up...

USC vs. Clemson @USC is the same day. I think you know what I'm doing.
                        Coming to the Dragon :tsk:

Comment

I may come, and my brother may come. He doesn't drive a bimmer, but he is another person for the numbers.

Comment

Cool, I'm not sure if this will happen or not, if enough people express interst then we'll go. So let me know and I'll post up final details latter this week.

Comment

They still haven't said when the Vandy game will be here in K-Town. If it's a later game (after 1 or so) then I'll definately be heading on the drive. I'll let you know whenever they come up with a time for the game.

Hope to see you Monday here in k-town!
                              Reminds me, I saw a Lamborghini Murcielago Friday in Chattanooga. Was parked over on Shallowford Rd (west -- away from Hamilton Place). Mmmm I stopped and look at it for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X