Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Rally Planning Thread

Date

Seems like October is the proper time of the year? What is everyone's schedule? October I am open. Just want to get it set in stone so we can all start counting the days. And with a big planning time I think we can spread the word a bit.

So Look Rock? Sometime in October? haha

Date = Last Full weekend in Oct. 25th-28th

Location = Look Rock

Etc. = Ranger Rick Returns and I promise to find time to practice some songs on my guitar.

Comment

Works for me. I have Petit Le Mans two weeks before that :)

Comment

I will make it work for me.
        sigpic
        mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Will be fine for me... Anyone who has def conflict should speak up now.

edit. Being the last weekend they are open it WILL be busy. Come up as early in the week as you possibly can to be sure we get our spots..
          sigpic

Comment

I should be able to make it on Wednesday.

ninja edit: ouch... my Anniversary falls in that window.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              I should be able to make it on Wednesday.

ninja edit: ouch... my Anniversary falls in that window.
              Bring the wife. I may bring mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                Bring the wife. I may bring mine.

It has been done before......:hitler:
                sigpic

Comment

you said if there are any objections speak now.....so there is an anniversary that weekend, my gf birthday that weekend, its the last weekend so it will be busy, mmmmm y dont we do it the weekend before???

Comment

I can't do that weekend. Petit Le Mans so I'll be working.

Comment

Originally posted by k1ttycatpoop View Post
                      you said if there are any objections speak now.....so there is an anniversary that weekend, my gf birthday that weekend, its the last weekend so it will be busy, mmmmm y dont we do it the weekend before???
                      Actually, its not THAT busy at Look Rock the last weekend.. not like Vogel. Any earlier and there are no fall colors, any later and Look Rock is closed and so are many of the seasonal stores not to mention Nov. temps are COLD.

A year or two ago we pretty much made the last weekend in Oct. the standard because in the past we went to great lengths to schedule around the lives of a few and then they would still end up not showing up for one reason or another after the group had sacraficed the date they originally wanted.

Honestly I'm not trying to be a dick to anyone but after planning these for 5 years the OG's have concluded its best to plan for optimum conditions for the entire group instead of the scheduling conflicts of a few because those who really want to go will always find a way to be there.

The last weekend in Oct. nails near perfect fall folage, weather, longer nights (longer campfire time) and there is usually not much in the way of traffic compared to early fall and late summer.

Any concerns regarding campsites are remedied by planning ahead. Just like the Vintage. Plan on getting their early if you want a good spot or plan with a friend who can get there early. With the date being set so far in advance everyone should have plenty of time to make necessary arrangements with work, school, family, etc.
                      Last edited by RobertK; 06-05-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

last weekend it is, settled that robert

Comment

Robert can you claim my site for me again? :)

Comment

Cliff notes: Robert doesn't fuck around. Dates settled

Comment

Post it up robert so we can start whoring!

:)

Comment

Working...
                              X