No announcement yet.

Where my south florida e30's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I plan the meet at cb smith park will you guys attend? We can bbq and drink some beers while talking crap about each others cars. Cb smith is located in Pembroke pines florida.

Comment

Ive been wanting to go an e30 gathering for awhile now, CB smith park or Markham park doesnt seem like a bad idea. I think Broward is a good halfway point for South Florida.

Comment

Thanks Slippery. At least you took the time to respond.

First I will address the central location. Your quote like all of your quotes takes my points out of context. If your read the whole reply, I said its centrally located between Miami and Vero Beach, which is the area of South Florida these threads get most of their responses from.

Second. Any car meet takes planning, time, participation and yes money. Again you picked a quote and presented it out of context from the full paragraph. The nasty that you take issue with is frustration with trying to get something, anything up and running. So for the record, let me take this time to apologize to anyone who perceives my frustration as "nasty". With that being said lets move on because being "nasty" is not who I am. Sponsorship is key to any successful program. Race cars are sponsored, TV shows are sponsored, the Super Bowl is sponsored. Some of the guys who make money from the E30 community could at least reach out to their customer base and let them know that there is something social going on and show up to support the community. Not nasty just a fact. My post specifically say that WE can put some ideas together. Not me, WE. That's what these forums are for. I NEVER said anything about bringing or not bringing your own grill. What I said was lets do SOMETHING.
        If you go down to the spot that I have looked at and see for yourself BEFORE you judge my suggestions. You will see several food outlets within 50 yards of the parking lot. A Greek restaurant, a Burger King, an Italian restaurant, a Dunkin Donuts, a bagel / breakfast restaurant, etc. some great choices. Or bring your own. Doesn't matter. Instead of being critical of me, and making this personal, lets keep it real. Have you even LOOKED at the location? Let's do SOMETHING. And just so you know, I spent $3,000 dollars of my own money putting a meet together 2 years ago. My business sponsored it. I bought baseball caps, t- shirts, set up tables in case guys wanted to sell used parts, had flyers made up, posted on this and other BMW forums and I had door prizes for the best car, rare car, race car. 6 cars showed up. Not one local E30 vender showed up. Not one. No brag just fact.

Third. Again let me take the time to apologize to the OP if at anytime I gave him, you or the community the idea that I was taking over his thread. Real talk bro, I am NOT that guy. I was just in my own way trying to let him know that his idea is good and it can be done if we can get participation. Am I pushy? Yes., Because I think we can do this. Am I nasty? Far far from it. Lol. That's funny. My idea didnt work before? Actually my idea did work. 6 cars showed up, and i got guys like you making reference to it and reading my posts. Thanks bro. Makes me feel special. LoL. Kind of like the guy who buys your books and writes you a letter saying you are not a good author. Stop reading my post. Lmao. That's too funny. As far as my idea not working in the future, thanks for confirming my "wait for it" phrase. I knew you could do it. At least we all know how far some people will go to make a simple car meet personal. Even in the future. WOW.

Again OP my bad if I put too much into this. My intentions were good. Thanks.

Peace

Comment

Cb smith would be a good locaiton, but I'm leaning towards markham because it can hold a larger capacity , its right off of 595/sr84, and its general more shaded and cleaner.

Comment

Nice a meet, Ijust ran into this thread. unfortunately my e30 is still in pieces.. But keep bumping this up at least once a month till more and more come out.

Comment

ill bring hotdogs from costco and adobo.

i would go to meets but they are all during the week and down south. living in northern palm beach county makes it hard.
              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

My point exactly. Meets are always "down south". I have been to meets in Broward when Rolando Silva had his. A one hour, 30 minute drive down and the same time back. I have been to cook-outs behind Wot-Techs first location on Andrews Boulevard. A one hour drive down and the same amount of time back. I have been to club events promoted by BMWCCA at Okeeheelee Park. 20 minute drive over, 20 minutes back.

BDSax is right. I'm just suggesting Boca is a good midway point between Vero and Miami. Any Sunday afternoon. 1pm til 5pm.

Let me stress the point of this being just a suggestion.

Peace.

Comment

If you are including vero then you need to go up north more. No where near the middle. Should try to et a head count first.
                  NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Check this out. My buddy Livingston is having an E30 meet at Clock Towers, University and 595 at 6pm tomorrow, 2/1/2013.

Good job Livingston and all the best.

Peace

Comment

Thats the meet Carlos set up..

Comment

Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
                        Thats the meet Carlos set up..
                        lmao. Towers is cool, but thats not the meet we are talking about. I think people want like and organized meet for e30s and prior. 2002's e21's e9's etc. At a park so that the family can come and we can bbq and drink some beers while talking cars.

Comment

ok ok ok !! who is down for a meet ?? Whaz up guys ?? It has been a while since the last time I organized the big meet. This was way back in 2009 !! A lot of new faces met that day and now they are a big part of this South Florida group.... We had a pretty nice amount of cars that day. You guys got it right since a lot of people do not like to take their cars in the middle of summer when it is a 90 degrees out there..It has to be done now.
                          I dont have any e30's anymore but the spirit is always there. I just have 2 beautiful little girls one is 3 yrs old and a new born (Jan 8th) so I have been busy ..
                          I still got contacts for the oldies like the 2002 people...it is just a matter setting a day, spreading the word among different forums and make sure how many people are in !! I remember there was one guy who heard about that meet from Naples and he came down to meet with us...! Fun times...

Flash back....!!!

and there she is my old e30 conv.
                          Rolando
                          My73bimmer
                          Deerfield bch, Florida
                          1992 BMW 325i Convertible - (sold)
                          2006 Mini Cooper S
                          1973 BMW 2002tii (Sold) , 1988 M3 (Sold),

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's the shit. No Hondas, no Acuras, no Mazdas, no Audi, no MBZ. Just E30 lovers. What's up Rolando? Welcome home. You can contact me 24/7 if you need some help putting things together. 561-758-7218.

Here we go.........

Comment

Originally posted by my73bimmer View Post
                              ok ok ok !! who is down for a meet ?? Whaz up guys ?? It has been a while since the last time I organized the big meet. This was way back in 2009 !! A lot of new faces met that day and now they are a big part of this South Florida group.... We had a pretty nice amount of cars that day. You guys got it right since a lot of people do not like to take their cars in the middle of summer when it is a 90 degrees out there..It has to be done now.
                              I dont have any e30's anymore but the spirit is always there. I just have 2 beautiful little girls one is 3 yrs old and a new born (Jan 8th) so I have been busy ..
                              I still got contacts for the oldies like the 2002 people...it is just a matter setting a day, spreading the word among different forums and make sure how many people are in !! I remember there was one guy who heard about that meet from Naples and he came down to meet with us...! Fun times...
                              Congrats on the new baby!!
                              Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Rolando whats up! Lets plan the meet! How does sunday march the 3rd sound for everyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X