X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Southeast Fall e30 Rally - November 2nd-4th

Official Southeast Fall e30 Rally - November 2nd-4th

Friday:
    -Arrive throughout the day. Setup camp. Shoot the breeze.
    -Eat Whatever Food You Bring
    -Sleep

Friday Night:
    -Late Night Arrivals get in and setup camp(This will be me. I will get in around 9pm)
    -Get any broke back mountain activities out of the way.

Saturday:
    -Get Up and eat breakfast
    -Run The Dragon
    -Take Some Pics/Video
    -Run the Skyway
    -Run Other Roads
    -Eat Lunch In Robbinsville
    -Couple More Runs
    -Back To Camp For Dinner
    -More Bullshitting

Saturday Night:
    -Hang Out
    -Have Fun
    -Night Dragon Run - I will be making another Night Dragon Run at slow speeds. Just for fun. Feel Free To Tag Along

Sunday:
    -Get Up
    -Morning Dragon Run For Those That Want To
    -Breakfast at the Tree Of Shame
    -Say Goodbyes... Cry Because It is So Sad
    -If Necessary Finish Up Broke Back Mountain Activities

Camping Info
    For who ever wants to the main group will be camping at Look rock campground of foot hills parkway on the TN side of the dragon(More Info Later In Post), but we need an accurate head count so we know the space we need.

For everyone coming I ask that you read this http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_howtodrive.html
    We want every one to have a safe and fun weekend, so please drive at your own pace, there are plenty of stopping points for you to catch back up to the group if you need to travel at a slower pace. If somebody behind you is going faster, just pull over and let them go by, don't try to push the limits to keep ahead of them. There is a good bit of law enforcement presence at the dragon so keep an eye on your speed, they are more concerned about cracking down on lane crossing and unsafe acts versus speeders so keep that in mind.
    Here is the camp site information for the E30 South East Rally

This past weekend I found one campsite called Look Rock that can accomodate us that is 5-10 mins from the Dragon and the Chillohowee Lake / River.

The Low Down

I talked to the campsite ranger and he and his wife are cool as hell. The only major rule I was warned about is that we can't be loud and carrying on after 10AM. They have 3 very nice bathroom facilities and the campsite are clean and close to together.

Campsite Registration:

It's $14 per night per site - 2 cars per campsite - 6 people per site and you must pitch atleast one tent but you are not required to sleep in it. Their is additional parking next to the ranger's station if 6 people want to go in on a site but can't park all their cars there. I have circled all the best campsite on the campsite map. The campsite is pretty dead this time of year so don't be worried about not having a spot once you arrive.

Camping Out:

There is one picnic table and fire pit at each site.

The Weather

We will be having High 60s up to the mid 80s during the day. It may go down into the 40s at night but normally is in the 50s at night. This is PERFECT camping weather. There is a reason to have a fire and everyone can huddle next to it and shoot the breeze!!!

Maps and More Info

Here is a map and brochure for the campsite with the best sites cirlced in red. We will try to be between 49 and 60. These are good sites and served us well!

or Download the PDFs here:

http://www.robertandtara.com/assets/...k_Rock_Map.pdf
    http://www.robertandtara.com/assets/...k_Brochure.pdf

Food Info:
    This is going to be slightly different this time. You need to bring what you want to eat for Saturday breakfast and dinner. Saturday lunch will probably be at wendy's in Robbinsville. Sunday Breakfast you can either cook or drive down the dragon to the eatery. This is going to work out better because Robert bought A LOT of food and we barely ate 50% of it. It just doesn't work that well. I am sure some people will have extra but bring what you want to eat.

Contact Info:
    PM Me for Cell Number and email.

Caravan for Atlanta Folks
    If you are leaving from Atlanta. PM me. I will setup a meeting point that works for everyone. It will be somewhere off I-75N and in the 3:30pm-4pm range on Friday. If you miss the caravan refer to this post as it has GOOD directions. Or meet up and follow me!!!

LIST - Add Yourself
    1. Halston - Dinanm3atl - 89 325i - 2 people - camping both nights
    Last edited by dinanm3atl; 08-21-2007, 07:56 AM.

Directions to the campground
    From Chattanooga/Atlanta

Take 75 north to exit 72 turn right onto 72 east, Continue on 72 east untill you come 411, turn left onto 411 north, and continue till 72 east splits off to the right a few miles up. Continue on 72 east till it ends, at the stop sign turn right onto U.S. 129 south. Continue on 129 until you come up on foothills parkway, turn left on foothills parkway. Then follow the signs towards look rock campground. The ruff address if wanting to use google maps etc.. is foothills parkway, Tallassee, TN 37878
    Last edited by dinanm3atl; 08-21-2007, 07:57 AM.

Comment

You will need a decent amount of wood for this because of the night time temperatures. It is available locally but keep this in mind :)

Add to list!!!

Comment

2. (tentatively going) Ely- rs4pro3-85 325es-1 person-camping both nights
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Well....count me in. The dragon is an absolute blast. The most fun I have had in my car yet!

I will definitely be camping this time as well. (and I'll bring a trunkful of wood)

3. Jason - Jex -91 318is - 2 ppl - camping both nights

Comment

You know I'm in. I plan on souping up my suspension before this run and I might even stop smokey from smoking.

4. Robert - RobertK - 1 person (possibly 2) - 87 325i (+ possible 92 325is) - camping both nights.

Comment

I see Preston lurking in the thread...

Join up Preston... you know you want to ;)

Comment

Damn, this thread looks familiar ???

I will def be down for this... Had a blast this past weekend..

4. Robert - RobertK - 1 person (possibly 2) - 87 325i (+ possible 92 325is) - camping both nights.
                5. Steve - Tn325i - just me - Camping of course - BTW, I will not be involved in any type of Brokeback Mtn chit !!:)
                sigpic

Comment

Steve is that you with the Vert? Or are you Steve with the Auto Eta?

*edit*

I added and subtracted some from Robert's thread. It was good so I combined Ely with Robert and got this thread. It is all new rally though!!!

Oh yah..

Ordered new brakes today!!! hehehe

Comment

Preston is lurking but since the R3v email is not working correctly he can receive messages but he can't post or message back because he's not received a confirmation email.

Comment

Nice :)

I expect him to fix this and sign up :)

Comment

I'll go ahead and add my brother since he said he was coming again for sure.

5. Steve - Tn325i - just me - Camping of course - BTW, I will not be involved in any type of Brokeback Mtn chit !!
                        6. Preston - PrestonK - 1 person - 89 325i - camping both nights.

Comment

This needs to be posted on bimmer forums and maybe e30tech as well to see if we can get even more guys to come up regardless of what BMW they have ????

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

I posted the SE Rally on both forums but didn't get much of a response when I posted it in the regional section of bimmerforums or the Get Together forums on E30Tech.com.

Comment

I am more liked on bimmerforums... I will do it for you guys :)

hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X