Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta guys... do you still hang out at the Local?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlanta guys... do you still hang out at the Local?

When are you usually there?

I havent been in awhile, always seem to get distracted on fri nights, plus the e30 was in the shop for like 2 months.

I think people were going around 8-9 and staying until when ever.

Comment

I have never been. Whats it like?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Matt I got your message and will call you over the weekend. I have been out of the country the past few weeks.
        Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
        Your DIY upholstery source
        e30tech forum sponsor
        E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
        kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco View Post
          I have never been. Whats it like?
          Dunno, never been either.

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
          Matt I got your message and will call you over the weekend. I have been out of the country the past few weeks.
          Kevin
          No sweat, whenever you get a chance.

Comment

The local is just like almost any other smoke filled bar in ATL, except there are usually 4 E30 parked out front on a Friday night and their wings are the best in ATL.

Bring your darts along with your love for beer and cars. I'll be there by 9pm tonight and I highly suspect Dilsnick and Del will be there as well.
            John

Comment

Yeah, the local is a decent place. I am planning on stopping by tonight also...

Comment

Just saw this, I will be up there with the guys this Friday night. Also there is a CCA meet in Marietta on Saturday.

As far as the Locash goes, It's a bar we all started hanging out at years ago, due to skateboarding. The e30s are actually a cool coincedence from skateboarding and friends. Most of us skated together before we had e30s. Plus other friends hang out there, some of us throw darts for their league team, there is a great selection of beer, and the staff is awesome. The vdub guys roll by ever once in a while, and it is a great place to people watch (you get everything from frat boys to mowhawks to old people). I love it there. If I am not throwing darts, I'm out front with the e30s talking to the door guy Ed (who just bought his first e30, I wonder why;)) or the owner, who has an e92 he never drives, and 2 e30 verts. His girlfriend drives an e28 as well. We have been talking about organizing an e30 cookout for a while now, maybe when it cools down one Sunday we can do it.
                The Local is and can be fairly intimedating though. it isn't a normal ATL bar in that no one knows anybody. The Local, just like it's name implies is a Local bar and is frequented mainly by the same 50 to 100 people on any given night. I have met and am "friends" with almost all of these people and find myself migrating from table to table saying hi and shooting the shit with people. It isn't uncommon for us to know everyone in the back room and everyone sitting at the bar, plus alot of the people outside. This makes for a very safe, comfortable atmosphere. If a fight were to break out, it would be and is stopped immediately. It never happens though.
                If you can stand the smoke come out! if you can't come stand outside.
                Last edited by delatlanta1281; 07-30-2008, 01:50 PM.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I see lots of sigpics that I recognize!

wtb 91 318is

Comment

Do you go up there? I've never seen your e36.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                      Do you go up there? I've never seen your e36.
                      Edit: I'm dumb. I thought this thread was about the Varsity. No, I've never been to the Local.
                      Last edited by PhilipM3; 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM.

wtb 91 318is

Comment

Ahhh.. The Varsity.. I remember a time when a handful of VW owners parked on the parking deck with space left over.. It is hard to believe that led to the car show that happens there every first Thursday now.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by regnu View Post
                          Ahhh.. The Varsity.. I remember a time when a handful of VW owners parked on the parking deck with space left over.. It is hard to believe that led to the rice fest that happens there every first Thursday now.
                          Fixed.

wtb 91 318is

Comment

so I was being a little to nice I guess.. lol
                            John

Comment

Philip,
                              is your e36 boosted at all?
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic