No announcement yet.

South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI pics of the recent pick up! Going to be a fun project!

Also if anyone knows of a good machine shop in the area please let me know! Would like to get the head, block and crank looked at. Also anyone want to help with a rebuild in the future! I'm learning but would be fun to have a second person to work with!
    Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

PM Skywayscraper

He is in Charleston with a turbo m20 e30. I'm sure he would lend a hand.
      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

the best machine shop would have to be Don's Automotive Machine shop in Moncks Corner. I never even heard of someone not loving his work, good prices too. problem is they are so good they have a 3 week waiting list for getting work done.(most of the time id check with them first)
        my grandfather has been getting all his motor machining done there for 30+ years and swears by them and my grandfather runs his own auto repair shop

Simmon's in Summerville I have heard really good things about and they have really good people working for them. and no waiting under normal conditions

Comment

Putter, we go through Simmons in west ashley for all our stuff.

If you want mechanical help hit me up.

I can get you parts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            PM Skywayscraper

He is in Charleston with a turbo m20 e30. I'm sure he would lend a hand.
            Awesome thanks! Is his E30 grey by chance? I think he's been out to a few impromtu local meets before. That was back when I had my E90 M3. miss that car :(

Originally posted by Daeldalus View Post
            the best machine shop would have to be Don's Automotive Machine shop in Moncks Corner. I never even heard of someone not loving his work, good prices too. problem is they are so good they have a 3 week waiting list for getting work done.(most of the time id check with them first)
            my grandfather has been getting all his motor machining done there for 30+ years and swears by them and my grandfather runs his own auto repair shop

Simmon's in Summerville I have heard really good things about and they have really good people working for them. and no waiting under normal conditions
            Awesome thanks for the tips! The guy I bought the car from apparently builds motors for a living and checked out some of the parts. Just need to block looked at, maybe the head and have it honed to get it clean. Will def. call around the places mentioned!

Originally posted by jekaio View Post
            Putter, we go through Simmons in west ashley for all our stuff.

If you want mechanical help hit me up.

I can get you parts too.
            Cool I'll let you know. Still working through what I need and don't need. Really just need parts looked at and need to just take some time to measure stuff to see if within spec.

What shop do you run out of West Ashley BTW? Also I was the one at local meets with the space grey E90 M3 and before that the grey Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I'm sure we've talked before!

Comment

Im at Ultimate Autowerks now, worked at the dealer for 7 years. Last time i talked to you i was at the dealer.

And the kid that Zac^ is talking about, his name is James, and his turbo e30 is a blue coupe. I think he is still trying to get the tuning figured out.

Comment

Cars and Coffee Charlotte is saturday morning. Ill prob be in the m5 but ill be there
                sigpic

Comment

What up! Would love some input on my e30 track car. shoot me a message if you want to hang out. its not street legal so I cannot drive it to cruze ins

Comment

Ps I have some interior parts and pieces for sale come see, need to move them, they will be cheap. From an 1988 vert

Comment

whens the next cars&coffee in the greenville area?
                      sigpic
                      85 325e 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by wadbus View Post
                        Ps I have some interior parts and pieces for sale come see, need to move them, they will be cheap. From an 1988 vert
                        what all do you have? -Id like to get a set of black door pulls and pockets, if you have them how much?
                        sigpic
                        85 325e 5spd

Comment

wadbus,
                          where are you located and what kind of track build do you have? I'm in columbia and have a 80 percent ready spec e30.

Comment

we gotta get everyone in the area together soon for another meet! been here a year now and missed almost everyone that has come up!

Comment

Originally posted by chop_suey View Post
                              whens the next cars&coffee in the greenville area?
                              It's the 4th Saturday of every month

Comment

just letting all the guy in the area know that our blue ridge bmws (s,c) meet will be in greenville again. its this sat at 12noon march 9 at clevland park in downtown greenville. had a great turnout last month ,but this one should be better!

Comment

Working...
                                X