Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacse30-Isaac- 85' 325e with m30b34 swap in progress- Charlotte

Comment

^^^was that car yellow when you bought it??
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, yes it was. Bought it from a kid in Winston Salem, NC for $400 bucks. I can handle dakar yellow, but the bumble bee got to me. Kind of wish I hadn't taken a spray can to it now though.

Comment

90E30Max - Max - 90 325i - Charlotte

Dont have any decent pics at the moment
          http://www.touringcarinc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 90E30Max View Post
            90E30Max - Max - 90 325i - Charlotte
            Hey Max, welcome to the board!

You should take pictures of your car beside that junk black E30 car that doesn't have an engine.. Ha.

Comment

hey now it has an engine! The b34 and tranny are in it as we speak. Just have to finish hooking everything up.

Comment

I'd be more than happy to get a pic of your motor next to mine!

Comment

Originally posted by sacse30 View Post
                  Yes, yes it was. Bought it from a kid in Winston Salem, NC for $400 bucks. I can handle dakar yellow, but the bumble bee got to me. Kind of wish I hadn't taken a spray can to it now though.
                  I was going to buy that car...
                  1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Had I known the problems that I have run into (motor with seized piston) I wouldn't have bought it. But seeing as how I bought the car for $400 and an m30b34 for $600 that is freshly rebuilt (zero miles) and has the shrick 282 cam, I can't really complain. Now if only I could drive the damned thing!

Comment

Did it look like this?!

Comment

^^Ha, nice. I can't wait to check out a local M30 swapped car... assuming you don't mind me having a look. I'm glad to see someone local doing this conversion. I don't think I'll be doing one anytime soon, so it would be nice to have some data on one to compare to other E30's around here. When you are done, please bring it to the shop so we can corner-weigh it and get the total weight/cross weights/F+R/etc. I'd like to compare that to the M20, M20 turbo, M62, S14, S52, and other engines in E30's running around Charlotte.. :)

I'm not sure how far along you are with everything, but we've got a lot (a ton really-- currently 2 recently running E32 parts cars) of M30B35 parts in case you are looking for the hot-rod intake manifold with the large plenum or other bits that were top-notch on the latest version of the M30.

Comment

Did it look like this?!

i miss that car!!
                          Last edited by xwill112x; 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well so far I just have the motor and tranny in. That was for a fitment test for the radiator and firewall clearance. Had to order new pilot bearing so I have to pull it back out and fit that on with the clutch and flywheel. Then everything else is just piecing it together. I literally have all the parts I need to do everything. Well everything but the injector clips. A few of mine broke when pulling the old motor. What shop are you at rThore?

xWill, did the speedo work when you had it? Did you paint it that color? Did it have problems with the fuses shorting out? The kid I got it from ninja rigged it to the fullest! All the tires were bald as can be since I guess he liked dropping the clutch at every chance. And the shift linkage felt like it was in a 5 gallon bucket filled with oil and just sloshing around in there. All it took was a tightening the allen bolts at the shift linkage and a new rubber bushing. Pretty happy with everything thus far. Lucked out with getting this 85 325e since the driveshaft fits perfectly for the m30.

Comment

xWill, did the speedo work when you had it? Did you paint it that color? Did it have problems with the fuses shorting out? The kid I got it from ninja rigged it to the fullest! All the tires were bald as can be since I guess he liked dropping the clutch at every chance. And the shift linkage felt like it was in a 5 gallon bucket filled with oil and just sloshing around in there. All it took was a tightening the allen bolts at the shift linkage and a new rubber bushing. Pretty happy with everything thus far. Lucked out with getting this 85 325e since the driveshaft fits perfectly for the m30.

you got owned at 400$. i think we payed 260$ for it when we bought it. drove it with no oil and no coolant all the way home. when i drove it, it was flat black. i beat the shit out if it. after my friend took the car over he painted it yellow all while we still both drove it and tryed to kill it. i have videos of alot of it. it has a maroon drivers door, and 4 door front seats? no stereo, missing trunk rubber, funny stain on backseat. gahhhh i miss that car.
                              sigpic

Comment

What shop are you at rThor?
                                I work at Touring Car in Matthews. We are located near the intersection of 485 and Independence/74. Within a 30 minute drive from anywhere in Charlotte. We service all European makes/models, but primarily BMW/Porsche/Mercedes/VW/Audi-- 'German' sums up the majority of our service work. We also refreshed a '67 Alfa Romeo Duetto and a '72 (iirc) Triumph TR6 recently, so we play with British and Italian makes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X