No announcement yet.

North Carolina Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dood, I want to see the video's. Yeah i could tell you and your friend beat the hell out of it. He had a couple piece of shit cars there on top of the e30. That 4 banger mustang was dreadful. I'm all good with getting taken at $400 bucks. It is a perfect shell for my project. Very little rust. And the rust it has can be easily repaired. Rear trunk does leak. Driver's door is maroon, but not to worry. My cousin works for Rousch racing in Concord and will be doing all bodywork and painting it for me as soon as the b***h is up and running. I also have a new passenger quarter panel since somehow it has a krinkle up by the windshield.
    When i went to take a look at it my friend and I just looked at each other like either this kid is a complete EFFING moron or we are getting taken for a ride. There was a pair of vice grips squeezing (i believe) the breather hose for the ICV. But no worries, I'm replacing EVERYTHING.

rThore, I know exactly what shop your talking about. I previously had a 2003 330i zhp and may or may not have burned out my clutch and flywheel while roasting the tires one night. Mind you I had just left a show and was a bit lit. Nonetheless. Dan and Duncan have a fine shop!

Comment

Originally posted by sacse30 View Post
      Dood, I want to see the video's. Yeah i could tell you and your friend beat the hell out of it. He had a couple piece of shit cars there on top of the e30. That 4 banger mustang was dreadful. I'm all good with getting taken at $400 bucks. It is a perfect shell for my project. Very little rust. And the rust it has can be easily repaired. Rear trunk does leak. Driver's door is maroon, but not to worry. My cousin works for Rousch racing in Concord and will be doing all bodywork and painting it for me as soon as the b***h is up and running. I also have a new passenger quarter panel since somehow it has a krinkle up by the windshield.
      When i went to take a look at it my friend and I just looked at each other like either this kid is a complete EFFING moron or we are getting taken for a ride. There was a pair of vice grips squeezing (i believe) the breather hose for the ICV. But no worries, I'm replacing EVERYTHING.

rThore, I know exactly what shop your talking about. I previously had a 2003 330i zhp and may or may not have burned out my clutch and flywheel while roasting the tires one night. Mind you I had just left a show and was a bit lit. Nonetheless. Dan and Duncan have a fine shop!

yea he tends to over due cars very cheaply, although he actually makes bank$$$. the ICV was like that when we got it. what ever ended up being wrong with the motor? sometimes it knocked, sometiems it didnt. lol i didnt care either way, and i still redlined it everywhere i went. it was a true beater.

lol at the mustang, to bad you never got to see his 240sx, 2 280z's, and camry...
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Max, welcome to the board!

You should take pictures of your car beside that junk black E30 car that doesn't have an engine.. Ha.
        Hey Ryan,

I finally remembered to join here, I actually found some old pics of when it was in reassembly. Its not the best but I need to wash and wax it and then get some real photos of what it looks like now.

but here it is
        http://www.touringcarinc.com/

Comment

Well for starters the brake booster had a acuum leak, you know about the icv. Those are the easy fixes. It had some probl with the fusebox when we picked it up. Probably due to the cluster fuc& of wires strewn about under the dash. Then comes the part that caused a motor swap. That ticking noise you heard was probably a related problem cause by the SEIZED #2 cylinder! No worries though, everything has been replaced. It's been a frustrating road and I have yet to come close to starting the m30.

Comment

I'm digging this car!!

Originally posted by 90E30Max View Post
            '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
              I'm digging this car!!
              It's a nice car. It has an excellent blue cloth interior as well. Hopefully soon we will get to do a bit of hot-rodding to it, right Max?

Comment

It's a nice car. It has an excellent blue cloth interior as well. Hopefully soon we will get to do a bit of hot-rodding to it, right Max?
                Of course, I cant take the auto much longer, Driving that es around lately has made me want to do the swap even more. Especially with the extra 1500 rpm ill have and the quicker gearing, its just a matter of finding a 260 and a a free weekend at this point.
                http://www.touringcarinc.com/

Comment

JackKerouac - Will - 1986 325es - Charlotte/Matthews, NC

I need to post some pics of the car. I bought it with the intention of doing the 2011 BABE Rally. So far the interior sans-dash is ripped out and I'll be repairing some firewall rust before long. She runs great though.

Comment

We should have a Charlotte meet here soon. Mine may not be running but I'd like to see everyone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKerouac View Post
                      I bought it with the intention of doing the 2011 BABE Rally.
                      Sounds like a good intention. What are you going to do for the interior/driveline/suspension? I'm in Matthews every day for work and I live in Charlotte, so I might have to check it out sometime..

Comment

Originally posted by sacse30 View Post
                        We should have a Charlotte meet here soon. Mine may not be running but I'd like to see everyone else's.
                        Ha, yeah... Let's put it off a few months and plan to meet up at the Cars and Coffee event like the first Saturday of July or something. That way my hot rod will be back on the road. There isn't ever any E30 representation other than my car at those events anyway.. Lots of turbo/supercharged E36/E46's and E39 M5's, but severly lacking in the vintage department.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                          Sounds like a good intention. What are you going to do for the interior/driveline/suspension? I'm in Matthews every day for work and I live in Charlotte, so I might have to check it out sometime..
                          Thoughts on the interior: The carpet is in good enough shape, needs a thorough cleaning though. The sport seats need to be reupholstered. Not sure what route to take with the material for that. Headliner needs to be replaced.

I didn't have any thoughts on the driveline really. I'd rather not spend $$ on a diff but I did pick up a Conforti chip for $90. Looks like a good boost in performance for the money. The shifter needs to be rebuilt, there is so much play in it. Clutch actually seems fine to me. I couldn't track down any of the maintenance history on it though.

As far as suspension...I want to replace any of the worn out components with oem stuff (shock mounts, etc) and if I could find some bilsteins for a good price I'd go with those. It has those Monroe Sensatracs on there now. Considering how much I bought the car for and my intentions for it I am really trying to keep cost of "restoration" down. If I can get the car 80% of the way there for %50 of the money, I will do it.

I'd love for you to check it out sometime. I could benefit greatly from your e30 expertise. I live at the corner of Sam Newell and 51 behind the Walgreens. You might know where that is. Also, dad knows someone who works at Touring Car and has been talking to him before and since I bought this e30 for advice.
                          Last edited by JackKerouac; 05-10-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

That will work better for me anyways as I should have mine running by then. Any idea where the meet will take place?

Comment

im moving to mooresville in 8 days, hows the e30 crowd in the lake norman/mooresville/charlotte area? local peeps to that pm me, well get up sometime and have a good time.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm in the RDU area. Red 1991 318is.

Was hoping to do the Kernersville thing this year, but had the weekend already doublebooked....maybe next year.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X