North Carolina Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bokes View Post
    Will do. I'll be in CLT/HKY area for most of April. Currently in Afghanistan, then back to Italy for a while until I finally get back to NC for good. I may try to get some euro e30 parts for cheap (they are very cheap in Italy) and bring them back with me.
    That ought to make some folks happy!

Godspeed my R3V comrade, and thank you for your service.
    Dave
    -----
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    _E30 FAN_

My E30's

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
      ^ Hey guy, how's life?

Give Trevor or I a shout when you're back stateside, we'll have to meet up for beers and such. See if you're able to fit an non-rust unicorn E30iT in your carry-on for Trevor.

Have a safe trip bud.
      Been looking for a non-broken touring for a while. Italians don't really take care of their cars very well. To them it's just a mode of transportation. I do have my eyes set on a 318is with about 120km on it... for $800... with no sunroof... and in VERY good condition.

I'm only allowed to bring one vehicle back, however my household goods very well may contain lots of euro goodies.
      173rd ABN

Comment

PS- Anyone know of any e30's for sale in the greater Hickory/Charlotte area? I'd be willing to buy in April while I'm home. Cash, given it's the right e30.
        173rd ABN

Comment

Been looking for a non-broken touring for a while. Italians don't really take care of their cars very well. To them it's just a mode of transportation. I do have my eyes set on a 318is with about 120km on it... for $800... with no sunroof... and in VERY good condition.

I'm only allowed to bring one vehicle back, however my household goods very well may contain lots of euro goodies.
          Word. Yeah I bet E30 values over there are a fraction of what they are here. I'll keep an eye out for any E30's for sale locally.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

79. Turbotalon92 - Chris Ullmann - 87 325is - Raleigh (Holly Springs)

New to E30's but not cars or BMW's

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358868908.545829.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	7151186

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
              Word. Yeah I bet E30 values over there are a fraction of what they are here. I'll keep an eye out for any E30's for sale locally.
              Yeah. They are quite cheap. E30's in Germany are CRAZY expensive, but down in Italy they are really cheap for some reason. Just not much of a 'car scene' because of all the restrictions, that don't apply to me because I'm American HAHA.

Basically I'm trying to find a Touring and a euro s50/2 to bring back with me. I REALLY want to find an iX Touring...
              173rd ABN

Comment

Hi folks wahts up~

Boone NC here.

Finally have a garage cleaned out enough to start on a supercharger build next month. Was thinking about hosting a ski/bbq/e30 thing if anyone is interested.

Comment

Turbotalon, that reminds me of my old Alpine 87 325is. I miss that thing...

Q5Quint- Wish I could come bbq and work on the supercharger install? Maybe next year when I move back to Western NC.
                  173rd ABN

Comment

Basically I'm trying to find a Touring and a euro s50/2 to bring back with me. I REALLY want to find an iX Touring...
                    Yeah, that'd be ideal. Not sure if Italy has a "rust belt" per se (or if the whole peninsula is considered a rust belt :p) but I imagine a lot of those cars are prone to it. If it's anything like Germany, where it seems like there is little demand for cars older than 2000, sourcing the motor might be fairly easy. That'd be a hell of a combo all said and done though.

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
                    Hi folks wahts up~

Boone NC here.

Finally have a garage cleaned out enough to start on a supercharger build next month. Was thinking about hosting a ski/bbq/e30 thing if anyone is interested.
                    Welcome aboard! I'm a Boone native myself, went to school up there not long ago and back in Hickory now. Keep us posted when/if you have that BBQ and I'm sure we'll have some interested people on here (so long as the roads have had a chance to de-salt.)
                    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                    E36 325i sedan
                    E30 325i sedan
                    Volvo 945T

Comment

For you Wilmington peeps, is there a repair place in the area that you'd recommend for E30's? Due to divorce, my project car ('85 325e) is quickly becoming my DD. It runs and drives pretty well, and I've addressed most of the problem areas myself, but I'd like to have a pro give it a look-over and recommend anything further before I'm relying on it on a daily basis. There are a couple of noises I haven't been able to diagnose yet, etc.

So far, I've come up with these places:

-German Speed Merchants (http://www.facebook.com/pages/German...t/151530092120)
                      -Autoworks Inc (http://www.yourautoworks.com/)
                      -Wilmington Motor Works (http://www.wilmingtonmotorworks.com/service.aspx)
                      -Schaeffer BMW ($$$, I'm sure - http://www.schaefferbmw.com/service/index.htm)

I'd really appreciate your input if you've had experience with any of these places.

Thanks so much!

-Taylor

Comment

Long time lurker, checking in.

Not new to BMWs, new to e30s.

I had an e21 when I lived in the Detroit area back in the '90's.
                        I owned an e36M3 while living in SOCAL, '95 with 39k on it.

I moved to Raleigh 5/12, so I am re-acclimating to NC, having lived in Charlotte '03-'06. I have been in Miatas for over 12 years, modifying them, racing them (SCCA and NASA). I had to sell my track Miata a few months ago, so I have my Wife's miata and a mule of a car ('02 RSX). I will be taking delivery of an '88 325is from a close friend in ATL over the next few months. Nothing radical planned, probably looking at the "1 car for all things" compromise; DDer and weekend car, HPDE, cruiser.

Hope to make it to some local gatherings and meet some people, maybe gather some ideas and inspiration.
                        '88 325is
                        Alpinweiss

Comment

Checking in 85 325e.
                          Looks like shit now, picked up a project and sold my e36 for funds.

Been in a '06 550i, '93 325is and now 325e in the fayetteville area since late 2010.
                          New to r3v, not new to forums

Comment

Can any of the RDU guys recommend a good alignment shop? One that respects wheels, lowered cars and understands camber plates (if you know what I mean).

Comment

performance chassis in cary

Comment

Thanks Brock! Great meeting you at the show & cruise Sunday. Give me a shout if you need help on your car at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X