Good Dallas area driving roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Dallas area driving roads

Here's the deal...Bought an E30, I've spent the last 6 months of free weekends more or less restoring it, and this week I'm getting it legal so I can start driving it every day. I've only driven it maybe 20 miles so far.

Thing is, I'm relatively new to the DFW area (1.5 yrs), and so far I really haven't seen many areas or roads that would be fun to go tear up on a Sunday or something

Austin has Limecreek rd, the whole Texas hillcountry where I grew up has tons of curvy, hilly roads, but I've yet to find any in this metroplex since I've lived here.

Are there any well-known-to-enthusiasts, fun to drive, out of the way roads around here that I can go tear up, or do I have to wait till I take a trip back home to see what my E30 can do when pushed to its limits?

TIA

Nope....Lived here all my life. The only good road around here is the straight on Hwy 121 between Lewisville & McKinney late at night.

Comment

You should bring it to the BMWCCA auto-x events. Much safer environment to test your car at the limits. The first scheduled auto-x this year is on March 13 at Lonestar Park, there are usually a handful of E30's out there, so you will have some competition. All you need is a car that can pass an informal tech inspection and a helmet. They have a handful of loaner helmets if you don't have one.

Comment

I've been to several BMW CCA Auto-X events over the years. I'm just getting over auto-x and I want to start doing DE's.

Comment

Check my post in this section about our next DE!
          "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)
          Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair
          BMWCCA Certified HPDE Instructor &
          Street Survival Instructor

2006 E86 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe
          1988 E30 M3 Alpineweiss I Daily DriverSOLD
          1990 E30 325i Sold
          2007 X3 3.0 Si

Comment

Working...
          X