X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be until its in my car behind a b35

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

so my car has some melted wires in the dash causing the tail lights/brake lights not to function properly. Sent it to Terry Sayther but seems they don't want to fix it. It might need a couple wires, it might need a new harness. I've heard Austin Veedub is good with e30's. Any reccommendations?
      sigpic

Comment

Never heard of Austin veedub working on e30's and I know they are ridiculously expensive. Maybe hit up a yard and do it yourself? I know there is an early and late model at the one on congredd

Comment

Out of the country, doing it myself is out of the question for now. Plus I hate messing with wires.
          sigpic

Comment

Ive never done a full harness swap on an e30 but I have tried taking one out and it was a pain. They didnt really make it to be removed. Do you have any clue as to what wires are bad? If its just a couple melted wires? Because it honestly would be cheaper and maybe easier to just splice some new wires into the existing harness.
            With that said. Im not going to say I can fix it but if your willing to pay Im willing to try. Your gonna have to buy a bentley manual because I will need copys of the exact wiring harness. I work five days a week so it wouldnt be the fastest turn around but I would be willing to work on this after work and on my days off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

absolutely willing to pay. If austin Veedub tries to rape me or turns me away like terry sayther I'll hit you up.
              sigpic

Comment

I was wondering that myself. I'd rather splice some new wires than pull a body harness. I know jt did it and he'll never do it again plus it took him a while to get everything sorted out. When do you get back? Maybe one of us could take a look at it and possibly save you a bunch of money.

Comment

I'm in Afghanistan...so no time soon. I have a friend carsitting it for me but he almost got a ticket with the tail lights out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly I would be suprised if veedub takes it in. But you never know. If its just the brake lights I could possibly even rig up a seperate harness to get them working. Let me know what happens. I wont try and bend you over on the price but I will want to feel as if I was properly compensated.

Comment

Out of curiosity is there something special about this particular e30? If you could live with out this one it would probably to be smarter/easier to buy another one and use this one as parts.

Comment

Could be sentimental value, but rewiring a harness wouldn't make me sell my e30.

Comment

It would depend on which one of mine it was. The red one I would strip the black one would get a harness swap.

Comment

Does anybody know anyone looking to buy the complete 5 speed swap with brand new clutch? Again, everything is included.

My V8 swap is going full throttle so I will no longer need the swap.
                            sigpic

Comment

I could use some of tge parts since I juat got my 5 speed for my swap yesterday

Comment

I love the car, don't want to buy another for parts. Just want to get this one fixed. I'm happy to pay whatever the fair compensation is to make it work.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X