Austin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
    I hate to see that hit. I also hope there weren't injuries.

I'm doing a wheel bearing soon too. I've been assuming one of the local auto parts shops would have a loaner tool for it.

That could be a possibility, I'm getting more nervous driving on this bearing. Parts are in the mail though so I'll have to stick it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    /// 1985 318i ///

Comment

Originally posted by markspelman View Post
      And maybe a fan clutch removal wrench?

It is a 32mm wrench that needs to be thinned out a bit, idk what wrench we used instead. My dad made his own version of the BMW tool that holds the pulley in place out of a 1x24x1/4in steel bar that he drilled the holes into and etched out the round part with a cutoff wheel. We had to pull the water pump with the fan on to get the sumbitch off.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

bought mine from performance bikes off south lamar. i just give it a quick yank at first and it spins off fine.

Comment

What up Austin Gangsters. I just upgraded my coils and got a set of JOM coils with shocks and struts for sale.

Shocks and Struts still have a bit of life in them (2 years old but unknown miles, probably less than 20k but my ODO doesn't work) Struts have e46 vert mounts that are less than 2 years old and are in pretty good shape. I have adjusters for the rear though I didn't run them. The front adjusters are a bit haggard and don't lock to the strut nut but work fine.

Paid $400+ shipping for them 2 years ago, I'll let them go for $150 if anyone wants them.

Edit: They make your car this low \/\/\/
          Last edited by caffeinatedsoap; 01-26-2015, 09:26 PM.
          1992 318ic

Comment

Hey guys anyone have a pulley holder for the fan clutch... I got the 32mm flat wrench and have tried to rig something up to keep the pulley still but I cannot get it done.

/// 1985 318i ///

Comment

Austin??

Hey guys anyone have a pulley holder for the fan clutch... I got the 32mm flat wrench and have tried to rig something up to keep the pulley still but I cannot get it done.

Do you have a cut off wheel? Or the reamer-like bit? (I don't remember the actual name for it)

Edit: it's probably easiest to pull the entire water pump/fan clutch assembly so then you can get it on a bench to work on.
              Last edited by HennaE30; 01-27-2015, 10:15 PM.
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

i just used a big ass flathead and wedged it between the bolts that hold the pulley on. . and double check you're turning it the right way since it's reverse thread.

Comment

^^^ all of the above work but UUC has the set for relatively cheap no white knuckles included 39.95 I think.
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                  IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Ended up doing the long flathead trick and it worked! Thanks for the help

/// 1985 318i ///

Comment

That could be a possibility, I'm getting more nervous driving on this bearing. Parts are in the mail though so I'll have to stick it out!

I did my wheel hub last weekend. All the typical auto parts chains had hub pullers for loan. They say for front wheel drive cars, but they work fine.

I did put a quarter on the end of the spindle to push against since the spindle is bored out. The puller's center shaft kept trying to drill into the spindle. Worked like a charm.

I also borrowed a three arm 2-ton puller in case the bearing race stayed on the spindle. Thankfully that didn't happen to me.

I got the heads up from this video: http://youtu.be/pFdQ_8mU9T8?t=17m49s
                      91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Anything know a lot about m42s and wants to help me diagnose an overheating problem?

/// 1985 318i ///

Comment

anyone in the austin area know of a 5spd m20 car for sale locally? Craigslist is full of automatics...
                          sigpic

Comment

If anyone wants to sell there car. Just give me a heads up. I'll pay premium to get a clean e30

Comment

Hey Austin. Anyone got a spare front subframe? My passenger side motor mount broke the fuck off.

1992 318ic

Comment

Also found this N54 for sale if anyone wants to do a bitchin swap

1992 318ic

Comment

Working...
                                X