This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
    anyone else get the most random acknowledgements on the road?
    i did sometimes. not a lot though. i expect it'd be more in an M car.

The latest was yesterday headed home on 78E in NJ. Guy in a black E34 w/ M5 badges (not an M5).....pulls up nxt to me. I'm cruising at like 75mph, and he asks me to roll the window down. He's like "what yr is that" "FUCK YEAHHHHH" and starts buggin' out! His head was boppin back/forth, looked like he was drumming away on his dashboard at hway speeds. I didn't know how to react, so I just gassed it up past him and lost him in traffic.
    this the car? i wonder if it was vlad

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
      this the car? i wonder if it was vlad

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=230634

lol nah it was a completely stock E34, w/ basketweaves w/ M5 badges. Only noticable mods were smoked taillights & clear front corners. I've seen Vlad on 78 a # of times tho.
      www.instagram.com/snwmble
      #snwmble

Current:
      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Last month, a yellow NYC cabby going over the Brooklyn bridge is honking at me. My road rage started to set in since I was travelling at traffic speed. He pulls up nxt to me w/ the biggest grin, w/ a thumbs up. My buddy sitting in the passenger seat looks at me...and was like...wtf was that, you know him? lol. I was like, no clue.

Was this dude brown? My buddy just told me he did this recently to someone b/c for whatever god reason he thought your car was mine even though mine is shwartz and has a vanity plate.
        Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
          Was this dude brown? My buddy just told me he did this recently to someone b/c for whatever god reason he thought your car was mine even though mine is shwartz and has a vanity plate.

YES He was. It was on a Sunday afternoon, going from Brooklyn to Manhattan. That would be bizzare if it was the same guy.
          #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

anyone else get the most random acknowledgements on the road?

The latest was yesterday headed home on 78E in NJ. Guy in a black E34 w/ M5 badges (not an M5).....pulls up nxt to me. I'm cruising at like 75mph, and he asks me to roll the window down. He's like "what yr is that" "FUCK YEAHHHHH" and starts buggin' out! His head was boppin back/forth, looked like he was drumming away on his dashboard at hway speeds. I didn't know how to react, so I just gassed it up past him and lost him in traffic.

Last month, a yellow NYC cabby going over the Brooklyn bridge is honking at me. My road rage started to set in since I was travelling at traffic speed. He pulls up nxt to me w/ the biggest grin, w/ a thumbs up. My buddy sitting in the passenger seat looks at me...and was like...wtf was that, you know him? lol. I was like, no clue.
            YES He was. It was on a Sunday afternoon, going from Brooklyn to Manhattan. That would be bizzare if it was the same guy.

Yup that's my strange buddy. Sorry about that, I honestly think every time he sees one he thinks it's me or just someone cool.

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
              Yup that's my strange buddy. Sorry about that, I honestly think every time he sees one he thinks it's me or just someone cool.

lol no need to apologize. I found it comical when i realized he was honking at me to get my attention. I gave him a wave as he passed by. My buddy was perplexed on what was going on....since he isn't a car nut.
              #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

My buddy was perplexed on what was going on....since he isn't a car nut.
                this is such strange behavior when it's observed by non-car people

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                  this is such strange behavior when it's observed by non-car people
                  LOL yup. Its worse when you're trying to chase down a cool looking car to give the owner a thumbs up and they end up just looking at you going
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                    LOL yup. Its worse when you're trying to chase down a cool looking car to give the owner a thumbs up and they end up just looking at you going

lol this too!
                    #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

gray(looks faded or primer?) sedan with orange aftermarket wheels parked in the Gateway parking garage across from Prudential Center in Newark. Seen this car parked here all day and a couple of times, leads me to think someone works in the gateway center in Newark
                      Had a smooth purchase transaction with me?
                      Please share your feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Dsun View Post
                        gray(looks faded or primer?) sedan with orange aftermarket wheels parked in the Gateway parking garage across from Prudential Center in Newark. Seen this car parked here all day and a couple of times, leads me to think someone works in the gateway center in Newark
                        ahhh...my old Audi hated that garage! I worked there yrs back, and i'd scrape/bottom out on every speed bump of that garage.....and coming into work late that would mean parking on the top floor = 15-20 speed bumps!
                        #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

spotted getting off the Belt Pkway Saturday afternoon....whomever bought DarkKnight's iX. I was trying to wave you down in my E46 M3, thinking it was DarkKnight, but ended up being the new owner. Very puzzling at the moment, but later found out you were driving her home after purchase. lol
                          #snwmble

Current:

Past:

Comment

this is late, but last friday i saw a white vert traveling north on I-95 around 11:30am. location at that point must have been around ridgefield or so. i was traveling south, so couldn't tell if the car was modified/enthusiast-owned.

E46t

Comment

Saw a 1990 318i sedan stuck in traffic on the Belt. Gave you a thumbs up, I was in a black E36 325iS
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Saturday, August 11 - Saw a 4door grey e30, with tucked bumpers & roof rack. 2 blocks from queens center.

Also saw a Schwartz coupe on Queens Blvd. on the way home from the mall.

Comment

Working...
                                X