Need some driving roads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some driving roads!

After taking a drive on the tail of the dragon, I need some closer driving roads and its now addicting! Any recommendations in the tristate area? Anywhere in PA is acceptable tooo. Something worth driving to, and hopefully long and scenic!
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

if you want a scenic cruise with some decent turns and great straights check out 32 along the Delaware on the PA side. Whenever I feel like taking the car out for a nice run thats where I go. Plus theres plenty of twisty back roads that shoot off 32.

Comment

great! how's law enforcement there?
      Originally posted by TSI
      OEM+

Comment

Bear Mt, NY
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
          Bear Mt, NY
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Mountain_(New_York)

There are so many bear mountains! Law enforcement? Is it very populated? traffic etc
          Originally posted by TSI
          OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
            great! how's law enforcement there?
            pretty much non-existent especially on the back roads 32 has some spots that they can hide in but they're fairly visible/obvious

Comment

BMW's Ultimate Drive app for the iphone is great imo. It will show good road stretches to drive based on recommedations from other drivers. Roads relative to were you currently are or anywhere in country. Tips from other drivers as well like where to watch out for cops, deer etc..
              Road stretches can be emailed to other people and also saved to gps's.

Comment

Op where is the tail of the dragon?
                Wee~!

Comment

The dragon is near nc/ tenn border, tons of info via google.
                  I love rt82 near pa/de border out towards kennet square.
                  Lol.. Anytime you wanna take a drive hit me up

Comment

check out http://motorcycleroads.us -- my favorite resource for locating twisties. good luck!

E46t

Comment

creek road in the chadds ford area is petty fucking sweet too, just do it after dark so there is on bicyclist and you can check for headlights around the blind turns
                      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                      Bimmerbuddies LLC
                      717-388-1256
                      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                        creek road in the chadds ford area is petty fucking sweet too, just do it after dark so there is on bicyclist and you can check for headlights around the blind turns
                        Love that road, and love all of rt 82 out that way, I always start at the old wooden wawa on rt 1 and get lost back in there. Anytime your heading out there for some driving hit me up, would love to get lost with another e30.

On a side note I have been contemplating putting together a weekend trip in the fall, basically the plan is to leave early sat morn an drive all back roads all day to a pre-determined camp ground somewhere in mid pa, camp out, then drive back Sunday. If any one has any interest in this post up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                          if you want a scenic cruise with some decent turns and great straights check out 32 along the Delaware on the PA side. Whenever I feel like taking the car out for a nice run thats where I go. Plus theres plenty of twisty back roads that shoot off 32.
                          ^ this

I go to this area with my porsche buddies all the way from NY/NJ metro. Its a great place to get lost :)
                          We usually leave really early like 5am and get back around lunchtime. Can post here next time we go out, some good roads on the Jersey side too.

Bear Mtn is too sketchy these days. Would not recommend theyve really stepped it up on LE there
                          Theres some good cornfields in the Warwick NY area where LE is pretty much non-existent
                          Last edited by Vin-barrett; 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vin-barrett View Post
                            Can post here next time we go out, some good roads on the Jersey side too.
                            please. love getting an early start, and happy to hear that there are others who think the same way! virtually the only way to avoid the majority of bicycle traffic during the summer.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by gp.plus View Post
                              Love that road, and love all of rt 82 out that way, I always start at the old wooden wawa on rt 1 and get lost back in there. Anytime your heading out there for some driving hit me up, would love to get lost with another e30.

On a side note I have been contemplating putting together a weekend trip in the fall, basically the plan is to leave early sat morn an drive all back roads all day to a pre-determined camp ground somewhere in mid pa, camp out, then drive back Sunday. If any one has any interest in this post up.
                              yea my buddy lives right off of creek rd right by rt1. hes so lucky thats his daily commute, he will put most people to shame o there with his moms piss slow outback he knows it so well, i love going to his house lol. & once my e30 has an alignment ad skidplate done ill be set for an e30 trip!
                              Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                              Bimmerbuddies LLC
                              717-388-1256
                              2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                              bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X