CT inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT inspection

Moving to CT, Norwalk to be exact. Is there anywhere that is lieniant with inspection. I have a 90 325i no mods engine wise

If the exhaust system is still stock-ish, you'll be all set. There is no safety inspection; the car only has to pass emissions every 2 years. They visually check to see it has a cat, and will normally spin the emissions dyno.

And this is why you see insanely rusted cars running on 4 bald tires and 1 brake light all over CT.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      If the exhaust system is still stock-ish, you'll be all set. There is no safety inspection; the car only has to pass emissions every 2 years. They visually check to see it has a cat, and will normally spin the emissions dyno.

And this is why you see insanely rusted cars running on 4 bald tires and 1 brake light all over CT.
      +1

Dealing with CT DMV is the worst, very picky when registering a car and make sure to pay those car taxes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmcoupe View Post
        Moving to CT, Norwalk to be exact. Is there anywhere that is lieniant with inspection. I have a 90 325i no mods engine wise
        Your 90 will only have to pass once, then you dont have to go anymore since its more than 20 years old. Hell, when I took my car, my o2 sensor was disconnected and I still passed.

Comment

Pretty sure the place I went didn't even do a visual for the cat, not that I noticed at least. Stuck the sniffer in the tailpipe, spun it, passed, done.
          86Zinno

Comment

Working...
          X