Moving to north New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to north New Jersey

Im moving to the north part of New Jersey in January for bmw training in BMW NA in woodcliff lake, so im looking for a place to stay. Anyone know of good apartments in a not so expensive area? Never been to New Jersey so all help is appreciated.
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Racelands are cheap shit.
    Originally posted by whodwho
    So are r3v members
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

I work down the street from there at Benz. It is a fairly upscale part of NJ, without many apartments. Generally large expensive homes.
    I would recommend looking in New York as well as Jerz which is about 3 miles away from BMW. We are right on the NY/NJ border.
    Search the following towns on NY Hudson Valley craigslist. These towns have a few garden apt complexs:
    Pearl River (I lived here 3 years)
    Nanuet
    Spring Valley (unless you have a nice car as this place is a dump but cheap)
    In Northern NJ craigslist:
    Paramus
    Ridgewood
    Mahwah
    Hillsdale
    Montvale (not many but worth a shot)
    Ramsey

Those are all close by BMW and have some apartments.
    Not many people that work in this area actually live here.
    good luck

Comment

it is very very expensive living here and apartments are hard to come by for cheap let alone finding a nice one. just stay outta bergen county
      Originally posted by evandael
      a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

actually how soon are you looking to move? My tenant just called me up, saying he's moving out Jan 15th. I'm only asking $1K/month in rent, but its' in Central NJ (East Brunswick, not too far away from Englishtown raceway ;) )

also parking isn''t an issue there so you can have multiple spots.

Its a small one-bedroom w/ balcony but nice. PM me if interested.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I do wonder what kind of training would require such an extended stay?
          I know the place, it's a buisiness, not a college campus.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vin-barrett View Post
            I do wonder what kind of training would require such an extended stay?
            I know the place, it's a buisiness, not a college campus.....
            bmw step. 6 month training. graduate with level 1 certifications which is the highest and after two years of working with bmw i get master tech certification.
            So are r3v members
            dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

interesting program.
              Can they place you in a dealer back home or you gonna get stuck working out here for two years?

could be a good opportunity. Best of luck in your career... consider a bit of a commute in passaic or essex county NJ which will be a 20 minute ride to work/school.
              Very easy to get an apartment in that area

Comment

once i am finished with the program, i choose which dealership i would want to go to depending on pay and benefits and so on. i can choose to stay there in NJ, but i dont see it happening because i dont like cold weather. Im used to 90+ weather so ill probably move back to houston once im done. So far i've found a small apartment in Ramsey for pretty cheap. Would i really need a car to get around? i know that in new york ur better off not having a car but dont know if NJ is the same.
                So are r3v members

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastm50 View Post
                  Would i really need a car to get around? i know that in new york ur better off not having a car but dont know if NJ is the same.
                  Ramsey is perfect. Really close. Unfortunately you will not be in the metro area so you will need a car. You will be in the middle of the suburbs, there is no public transportation to woodcliff lake. Closest train is Montvale which is too far to walk.

Comment

Working...
                  X