Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo m20 Tuning via MS needed in NJ

Hey guys,

In may, I was really stretching to get my 2.5l turbo done for gfest. Of course, with graduating school/work full time, I was a bit rushed, and turns out popped the head gasket. I had major boost leaks, and pretty much a preset tune from whodwho.

Anyways, I had taken some time from the project because of working two jobs 6 days a week. I got the head back on, changed the manifold, and am pretty sure it will be good to go minus the tune.

I am looking for any tuning recommendations in NJ that people recommend. I was going to originally tune myself, but this has been a huge project for me (first engine rebuild, first turbo, first body work resto) and I want to leave the important stuff to someone who has experience with this area.

Its basically the following setup.

Oringed b25 all stock with arp and goetze (new bearings/rings/seals)
    H1c
    Whodwho ms
    Tial wg/bov
    2.5 inch ic piping
    3 inch exhaust

If anyone can recommend a shop/going rates of getting a tune Id greatly appreciate it. Just looking to get the car road worthy as a daily since I am planning on moving soon (hopefully by the end of the summer).

Kozworth

Isn't Levent in NJ? Surely he can do this or knows someone who can.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Isn't Levent in NJ? Surely he can do this or knows someone who can.
      Yes, hes about an hour away, I will shoot him an email for giggles.

Anyone else?

Comment

So many turbos yet no tuner recommendations?

Comment

"the shop" in ct. Guy who owns it has a soft spot for e30 turbos since he used to own one, and tuner takes his time and does a good job.

Maximum psi is. Also good, but after days of trying to get in touch and making an appointment and getting blown off I simply gave up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

theres a guy in rockaway that does vem. idk if he knows/does anything with megasquirt. his name is beefjurky69 on here. im sure he knows somebody to do it for you
            Originally Posted by scaraveos
            Are saying about welding the head to the block? and if yes how is it seperated if required?

(possibly a stupid post)

Comment

Evans tuning has done m20 turbos before and are highly recomended
              Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
              Bimmerbuddies LLC
              717-388-1256
              2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
              bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                Evans tuning has done m20 turbos before and are highly recomended
                Where are they located? Maybe I oversaw it, but all I saw was that its on the east coast.
                Originally posted by FLG View Post
                "the shop" in ct. Guy who owns it has a soft spot for e30 turbos since he used to own one, and tuner takes his time and does a good job.

Maximum psi is. Also good, but after days of trying to get in touch and making an appointment and getting blown off I simply gave up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                I heard of maximum aswell, but think ive heard the same thing about getting blown off. If the car was reliable to get to ct, that would be a possibility. But I live in nj and work 6 days a week, so I do not even know if its worth getting driven up there, dropping it off, then driving another 3 hour each way trip up to ct to get it.

Comment

Mt bethel Pa
                  Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256
                  2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                  bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                    That might be the winner. Thanks for the input gonna give them a cakk today.

Comment

dude. i was going to go to a tuning company in CT. it was like 80miles away from me(lake hopatcong). i forgot the name but evans tuning is like half an hour. fuck yea

Comment

Kamotors might be able to help you. Also h1cs spools super slow on the 2.5 from what I remember on on kams car.
                        Im getting full boost but 2200ish with my ebay special :o

Comment

I personally know someone who gets his SFWD Civic tuned by Evan. He definitely knows his stuff. He specializes in Hondas, but I've heard he is no stranger to BMW engines.

Comment

yeah, evan redirected me to some guy on the shore who basically told me no. i guess i gotta go back to fixing it myself. shit

Comment

i think maximum psi is (probably) the best game in town when it comes to forced induction and BMWs. they are a busy shop, so i would probably keep trying, as opposed to going elsewhere for lesser expertise. my recommendation would be to call first thing in the morning before the day starts to ramp up.

E46t

Comment

Working...
                              X