No announcement yet.

East Coast e30 gathering/picnic/experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the northwest hosts the E30Picnic and that draws an international crowd, I think a similar event on the east coast would do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdizzle View Post
      the northwest hosts the E30Picnic and that draws an international crowd, I think a similar event on the east coast would do very well.

That's exactly what I was thinking and got the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

I would be in as long as the car is ready...maybe even if not. Not sure on everybody's take on this thought but I for one am always looking for a reason to go camping. There is a awesome spot right by the breezewood exit that's free. Just have to get a permit. Just a thought. Maybe some way to incorporate that for those that are interested. The abondoned pa turnpike runs right through the park, for hiking/biking and exporting tha abondoned tunnels.
          89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
          99 540it
          86 Volvo 240 wagon
          99 Cherokee
          13 Passat

Comment

Tent camping or cabin camping?

Mr. Wolfe
            sigpic

Comment

This place is tent, it's a national forest hence the free part. I just thought it could be a good location as its like 2.5 hours from DC and about 3 from me in Cleveland so it could draw more attendees. No matter what the outcome is I love this idea and hope it gets some traction.
              99 540it
              86 Volvo 240 wagon
              99 Cherokee
              13 Passat

Comment

Still looking at venues. I'd like to make it a 2 day event so it's just not like your typical cars and coffee.

Comment

I am down for sure if the dates work. The only thing is I may be in my e46M as my e30 probably won't be done.

Mr. Wolfe
                  sigpic

Comment

lets see this through!!!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
                      This place is tent, it's a national forest hence the free part. I just thought it could be a good location as its like 2.5 hours from DC and about 3 from me in Cleveland so it could draw more attendees. No matter what the outcome is I love this idea and hope it gets some traction.
                      Eric, if we make this work, you are welcome to stop at my house for a day. I owe some refreshments anyways. If it's summer time, pool and drinks on me. Then we could drive to wherever following each other the next day, same day, whatever.

Mr. Wolfe
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a plan Greg! Hoping it's closer to mid summer otherwise I'm not sure my car will be ready, as I've only actually drove it maybe 10 miles total before I parked it for the winter. At least my wheels and complet street/touring kit shipped from ground control yesterday so I can get this thing off the jack stands and finish the body work. Hope I can have it road trip ready by then.
                        99 540it
                        86 Volvo 240 wagon
                        99 Cherokee
                        13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by amiller07 View Post
                          Still looking at venues. I'd like to make it a 2 day event so it's just not like your typical cars and coffee.

Personally, our most successful car events had people arriving Friday evening, spend the night and have a full Saturday of whatever. Car meet and BS all day. Go out to dinner in the evening and then go out on the town or whatever. Spend the night and go home sometime on Sunday after breakfast.

With this schedule, people can come in all day on Friday. Some will be able to get off work and some won't, but most will be able to make it for Friday night dinner. For the people who can't make it until Saturday, you just spend 1 night and for those that Sunday's are better, you can hang out longer.

Also, my vote is for summer.

Mr. Wolfe
                          sigpic

Comment

Bump for updates
                            99 540it
                            86 Volvo 240 wagon
                            99 Cherokee
                            13 Passat

Comment

Thought of bumping this yesterday!

Mr. Wolfe
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for bumping this and trying to keep it alive. I am not gonna lie I have been very busy these last few weeks since I get out of the military April 19th. But I have not forgotten. I am still looking for a location that will suit the possible amount of ppl and be the best location to get people from all over the east/east coast. Be sure you tell you friends to comment so I can see how many people really are interested. Also don't forget it will be strictly e30's, or at least I will try and regulate it to be.

Thanks again and keep the ideas flowing

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X