No announcement yet.

E30 Rust Restoration Around NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey - very exciting and actually in progress now with Ian at Bavwerks in Long Island: https://www.instagram.com/bavwerkshop/

It's going great from what I can see and looking forward to checking it all out in person soon...

1. cut
    2. weld-in from donor pan
    3. white primer
    4. seam seal edges
    5. black epoxy
    6. underside same treatment + rubberized top coat

'89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Here's a better before photo of the floorpan to really see the rust...

'89 E30 Touring, '85 911 3.2 Coupe, '89 GB500, '96 XR400

Comment

Really nice work. Could you share a ball park $$?

Comment

Originally posted by StannisBaratheon View Post

Let us know how it turns out. I called Copperhead Collision and they're no longer doing rust repair but they did refer me to a local guy in West Chester who does rust repair at his home. I'm sending him pics tomorrow of my battery box and rocker panel to see what he says.
          Did you end up using the guy in westchester? If so can you share his info. I'm right outside of westchester and I have so rust on my drivers side floor pan I want to get taken care of.

Comment

Was anyone able to contact the person in Westchester? I’m looking for rust repair in westchester and Fairfield county CT. Let me know if anyone has recommendations, thanks!

Comment

Have you done the spring perches yet as well? I'm about to buy the reinforcement plate and the spring plate. But I was trying g to figure out how they all line up. It looks straight forward by just marking the old position of the plate but centering the nub is questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmw323!s View Post
                Have you done the spring perches yet as well? I'm about to buy the reinforcement plate and the spring plate. But I was trying g to figure out how they all line up. It looks straight forward by just marking the old position of the plate but centering the nub is questionable.
                I saw you also commented on my profile regarding the position of the spring perch.
                I made a jig to reference off of the other spring perch "nub" at the other side so the center distance is the same. Height I just measured the position of the old one and referenced the floor.
                It's better to take too many measurements before hand then too less :)
                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X