Racing Diffs 4 Clutch LSD option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used this kit to increase lock up in their 188mm diffs?

I have talked to them and they seem to have a nice solid product here, but was curious if anyone else had used this yet and have a good review on them?
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Why bother when porsche stocks high quality parts stateside? Zf makes the Internals for porsche, bmw, Ferrari, Alfa, etc.

The 188mm Oem cast top cap has been proven locally to 1krwhp in drag racing. They don’t fail in world endurance championship racing and global time attack and nasa gts racing if setup properly.

No reason to change to a low quality non factory part. Or lower than Oem zf quality parts.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Well the reason they use a different top cap is because it has been machined to accept 4 clutch disc rather then 3 with the stock one. If you machine the stock one, it will likely weaken it from what Ive read. The 3 clutch setup wont be enough for me with drifting and 500hp. This seemed like a reasonable upgrade without having to find a machinist to do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
        Well the reason they use a different top cap is because it has been machined to accept 4 clutch disc rather then 3 with the stock one. If you machine the stock one, it will likely weaken it from what Ive read. The 3 clutch setup wont be enough for me with drifting and 500hp. This seemed like a reasonable upgrade without having to find a machinist to do the work.

No.

The zf top cap for 188mm 3.15-4,10 is easily machined and proven in nasa gts and world endurance championship use in client units.

Low quality non Oem top cap.....bad idea. This is like installing a non bmw cylinder head to your engine.

You will be making your car less reliable than Oem with commonly avail plate setups, if doing to diy use Oem bmw setup and real zf parts. Not junk

I’ve set up enough units for high power drift and drag use to actually have something to say about this.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Ok, well do you have a good link to a parts list and diy Ill need? My diff is a 2.93 btw

Comment

Ok, well do you have a good link to a parts list and diy Ill need? My diff is a 2.93 btw

I don’t support diy nor do I help people build their own Diffs. I do produce top level and expensive products for those who want one built well (not r3vtards).

If you are actually making 500rwhp you got even bigger problems; the 188mm stub outputs will shear at about 400-450rwhp drifting.

Here is a non-diy with no parts or instructions on how to build a 1krwhp diff

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...for-1-000RWHP-)
            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 03-31-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Ill just use the Yoshi guide on the 4 disc setup. My 2JZ E30 with a welded 3.42 188mm rear held 600whp for 3 years without a hiccup drifting and beating the ever living shit out of it every chance I got, so Im sure ill be fine with a 500whp M20. But thanks for the insight I guess

Comment

Ill just use the Yoshi guide on the 4 disc setup. My 2JZ E30 with a welded 3.42 188mm rear held 600whp for 3 years without a hiccup drifting and beating the ever living shit out of it every chance I got, so Im sure ill be fine with a 500whp M20. But thanks for the insight I guess

Free diy data is free for a reason.

Not all horsepower is created equal; if you don’t break anything and actually make claimed power start drifting with more balls.

Local friends are formula drift pros and break everything with less power in their missle cars.

Comment

Because its free, does that mean its not any good? Will it not work for some reason because its free? I think Yoshi has put several years of drifting through his rearend with his diy and has seen good success?

Drift with more balls? Just because someone doesnt break a diff, doesnt mean they dont drift with balls. Id be happy to showcase some videos for you to show you how many balls i have.

I break stuff every event, just not differentials. Ive gone through axles and transmissions and even snapped a driveshaft before ive gone through diffs. Thats not to say they havent had their set of issues such as some whine after 3 years. Except this one time where I wanted to use a small case just to get me by. It lasted about 5 laps lol.

Comment

Because its free, does that mean its not any good? Will it not work for some reason because its free? I think Yoshi has put several years of drifting through his rearend with his diy and has seen good success?

Drift with more balls? Just because someone doesnt break a diff, doesnt mean they dont drift with balls. Id be happy to showcase some videos for you to show you how many balls i have.

I break stuff every event, just not differentials. Ive gone through axles and transmissions and even snapped a driveshaft before ive gone through diffs. Thats not to say they havent had their set of issues such as some whine after 3 years. Except this one time where I wanted to use a small case just to get me by. It lasted about 5 laps lol.

what I am saying is

if you make 450rwhp or more the 188mm stubs snap; proven in drag racing, Street driving, and drifting

yoshi has contacted me for diff advice; and parts.

so there is a bigger picture, go check your dyno for cooked numbers.
                    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 04-04-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Drag racers use really sticky tires and limit wheelspin as much as possible.

Drifters burn up tires that most of us wouldn't dare commute on.

I can see how a drag car would break things that a drift car wouldn't, with equal torque...

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        Drag racers use really sticky tires and limit wheelspin as much as possible.

Drifters burn up tires that most of us wouldn't dare commute on.

I can see how a drag car would break things that a drift car wouldn't, with equal torque...

t

I’ve built plenty of units for drift cars.

The shock from side to side transitions + Big power destroys the 188mm stub axels.

Ask FLG [emoji4]

In circuit use I have seen a gts4 client snap an 188mm output stub axle (2400 lbs 290rwhp). Very light car with no torque but lots of grip.

Bmw factory installed a 210mm diff for oem cars using 3500cc and above since the e28 era......imagine bmw knew what they were doing; and wanted reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post

Bmw factory installed a 210mm diff for oem cars using 3500cc and above since the e28 era......imagine bmw knew what they were doing; and wanted reliability.
                          winner.

Comment

Working...
                          X