X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a manual swap please.

Hi all,
    I have a 90 325 auto with airbag.
    I purshased a complete manual swap and the seller said it’s from 92 325 cabriolet with airbag.
    However when I got to the pedals part most said leave the braket in and just add pedals. But my bracket does not have the piece that would hold the clutch pedal spring. Then I decided to take the whole think out but realized that the brackets are different as mine is longer and goes all the way up to the steering wheel base.

This the one I received

This is in my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Install the pedals only. Do not change the pedal box. '90+ do not take a clutch pedal return spring, so don't worry about it.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
      Install the pedals only. Do not change the pedal box. '90+ do not take a clutch pedal return spring, so don't worry about it.
      Thanks man I have been doing some reading and it seems most people just ignoring it. I found out also that I can use a regular tension spring with hooks.

I wasted the whole day trying to figure these pedals out.

Thanks again and merry Christmas 🎁 🎄

Comment

the return spring is 100% unnecessary. Just swap the pedals. Mine has been like that for 12 years now..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ditch that plastic pedal if you can. Ive heard stories of them breaking.
          Build Thread

Comment

Working...
          X