Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinion: 16" or 17" wheels in conjunction with fender flares

Hey everyone,

I am trying to find a set of wheels I like in 17x9 with a reasonable offset to fill out a set of KA Motors standard fender flares. So far I can't find any decent options that are 4x100 bolt pattern. What is everyone's opinions in a wide 16" wheel vs the 17" wheel? Do you think it will still look good? Am I going to have a harder time finding tires at a reasonable price for the 16's?

Thanks

It looks great in my opinion, I had 16s with Kam’s ultra-wide flares. If it’s just for looks, go for it, but you will have a lot of trouble finding wide tires for 16s. You can still get some pretty agressive 225/45r16s (Nankang NS-2R, and i think a couple others), but the only wider tire you can easily get is a 245/45r16 (Toyo T1-R is still available in this size, so are a couple performance tires) which is a bit tall for an E30. It’s possible, but you can’t go very low with those tires so that’s up to your taste. My Touring is featured on Kam’s website so you could take a look at what the 16s looked like on there, but at that time it was just for looks with 205/50 and 225/45 tires f/r. Hope this helps!
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...

Comment

Working...
    X