No announcement yet.

Drifiting... and car temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So nando u say I can use a thermostat out a M42 ? I think I'll pick one up, and the car is at the mech 2 day, as it developed a bad oil leak after trackin it yesterday... so thats gone to get sorted, and I'm going to get himn to install a switch so that I can turn the fans on full speed, when I want, but when it's off they will work like normal.

Hopefully this will help.

Comment

Ok, so I had the car in a few pieces, cause my alternator belt stripped off, and took my power steering with it.

I also drained the coolant, and checked the thermostat... low and behold it's a BMW 80deg one... so I'm rather confused now.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
        Ok, so I had the car in a few pieces, cause my alternator belt stripped off, and took my power steering with it.

I also drained the coolant, and checked the thermostat... low and behold it's a BMW 80deg one... so I'm rather confused now.
        change it for a 70 degree one, in combination with the E36 M42 aux fan switch (part # 61 31 8 361 787 ), and your cooling probelms should go away.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

70deg... is there a BMW part no. for one ? Cause I've never seen one here in SA.

Comment

it's actually 71c, but in any case the part # is 11531466174
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks a load man... it's much appreciated :)

Comment

Working...
              X