front window removal - to enable new seal install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front window removal - to enable new seal install

I've searched online and looked through this forum and did not see a method to remove the CONVERTIBLE front windows (as they differ from the coupe/sedan). There are no bolts on the pieces holding the glass to the regulator as in the coupe/sedan. I am replacing the rubber seals which run from the front of the door over the fixed window (meeting the top corners of the front convertible top seal) and then becomes the front, vertical window guide rail material. Thanks

The Bentley manual, Section 14, page 24 incorrectly states (as I read it) that the convertible also has the bolted on window glass bracket. From the Bentley, it seems that you have to pull out the window with the regulator. However, since it says that for coupes/sedans too, do you really have to pull everything out?

Comment

Yes you have to pull it out as a unit. Quite easy actually, and simpler than trying to install the window on with the regulator in the door
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

why is the cabby windshield different than a coupe? I think they are the same as I have switched them out of parts cars.

all you have to do is remove the strip that pushes apart the seal from the outside.

climb inside the car, put both of your feet on the inside of the windshield and gently push it out by applying pressure with your legs.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

bradnic - thanks

flyboyx - front side windows, not the windshield

Comment

Working...
          X