R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > For Sale & Wanted > Parts For Sale

Old 02-01-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

Fully refurbished OEM BMW Alpine CM5907 and CM5908 slider radios

JUL 2019 UPDATE - NEW ORDERS ON HOLD
Not so good news: Due to backlog and pricing issues, I have stopped accepting new work. All existing work will be honored as agreed to.

I've been pretty clear that I do this for the karma. Well... not so good on the karma front right now. I have setup a second bench in my other work location so I can work evenings during the week. Once the backlog clears out I will be rethinking approach, especially pricing.

If you're looking for a refurbished and upgraded 5908 contact Levent at GutenParts. He has some limited inventory available.
If you absolutely want your radio done please reach out via PM or bradnic at oemhifi.com. Expect at least a two month delay though, and revised pricing.

JUN 2019 UPDATE - TAPE REFURB PRICING, WARRANTY EXTENSION:

Good news: I'm extending the warranty on my refurb services to 120 DAYS from the current 90 days. I've had a couple of radios come back for various reasons, but all the others are working beautifully. So I am confident you will be happy with my work.

Not so good news: Tape refurbs are going to get more expensive. They are a complete time suck and I've lost money on every one I've done.

1) The current tape refurb service is now called BASIC OEM TAPE REFURB SERVICE. Price will be $75.00 for this.
2) A good TWO THIRDS of the tape decks I've worked on NEED MORE WORK. In this case I will charge an additional $50.00 for your tape refurb. Call this the ADVANCED TAPE REFURB SERVICE/. Total price will be $125 for this.
3) If your tape deck cannot be fixed, I will replace it with a refurbished tape deck for $150.00

MAY 2019 UPDATE - SITE COMING, NEW LOGO, CORE CHARGES & CREDITS:
I have a website in the works oemhifi.com. It's not up yet, but I'll post here when it's ready.

I also have a new logo!

CORE CHARGES AND CREDITS
Jay's bluetooth board has affected the value of 5907s and 5908s on the market, simply because they are now upgradeable once you get them refurbished. It's starting to get harder to find them now, so we are asking folks to trade-in usable radios in good condition. Here is how it works:

If you buy a radio a CORE CHARGE will be added to your purchase. You can get CORE CREDIT against that core charge by trading in a radio. We will assign a fair value to your trade-in based on its condition. The cleaner and more repairable the radio, the higher the core credit.

Core charges for purchased radios are as follows:
If you buy a 5908: $125
For a 5907: $60

Core credits typically run $40-$90 but can go as high as $125 for a mint condition 5908. Note this is a higher core credit range than before.

Those of you that send in your own radio for refurbishing will NOT be charged a core charge. You WILL however receive core credit for any other radios you trade-in. This is just like before, except I have raised the max core credit a bit.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

BIG UPDATE APRIL 2019:
1) If you need a fully refurbished and bluetooth upgraded 5907 or 5908 radio, you can buy them directly from @jaysterling at cantalouperadio.com or my good bud Levent at Gutenparts (GPS).

2) I am focusing efforts on the OEM radio refurbishment service. If you need your own 5907 or 5908 rebuilt look no further!
IF YOU BUY THE REFURB SERVICE, I WILL ALSO BUY ANY EXTRA NON-WORKING / UNREPAIRED CM5907 OR CM5908s YOU MAY HAVE, OR PROVIDE CORE CREDIT FOR YOUR REFURB SERVICE
Please PM for details

NOW YOU CAN ALSO ORDER CANTALOUPE BOARDS AND ACCESSORIES DIRECTLY FROM ME WHEN YOU ORDER MY REFURB SERVICE FOR YOUR 5907 or 5908 - many thanks to @jaysterling for making this possible!

3) If you would rather DIY the Cantaloupe Radio bluetooth install on your own radio, just order directly from @jaysterling at cantalouperadio.com

4) I will still sell a limited number of "CANTALOUPE READY" 5908s until I run out of stock. These radios are fully refurbished and ready for the Cantaloupe BT board. They do not have a tape deck. Price on these is $340 SHIPPED CONUS. As shipped radio will turn on but not play audio. THIS IS NORMAL. The radio has been fully tested before it ships and works fine.. once you install the Cantaloupe board all will work as intended.

5) I will also still sell a fully refurbished, TAPE DECK version of the 5907 and 5908 for those of your hard core cassette / OEM only types. Price on these is $365, which includes the radio refurb as well as a tape deck refurb (new drive belt, tape head and roller cleaning with professional products, tape head degaussing - see below).

ALL WORK INCLUDES A 120 DAY NO BS WARRANTY
No BS is exactly what you think it is. I do this for fun and great karma. That means you need to be satisfied or I'm not satisfied.

BASE REFURBISHMENT SERVICE FOR YOUR 5907 or 5908 RADIO (EXCLUDES THE TAPE DECK AND THE TUNER): $180 SHIPPED CONUS
Radio has been gone over top to bottom - EXCEPT THE TAPE DECK AND THE TUNER

NOTE: THIS WORK TAKES ME ANYWHERE FROM FOUR TO TEN HOURS FOR EACH RADIO. I HAVE HAD SOME TAKE LONGER. PRICE IS AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN
- radio code included of course
- clean front faceplate
- power amp board fully rebuilt with all electrolytic caps replaced and traces repaired
- all bulbs intact - looks terrific at night
- no noise from volume control
- all buttons work and light up properly
- all external wiring completely intact
- reproduction external label on bottom
- two reproduction radio code cards included (laminated for now, will replace with plastic cards once I have them in stock).

PLEASE NOTE: If you need any of the OEM parts replaced like the slider board, faceplate, LCD or amplifier board there will be an additional charge

ADD-ON TAPE DECK REFURB SERVICE: $75-$125 DEPENDING ON NEEDS
- Disassemble the tape deck mechanicals for cleaning
- Verify all tape deck electronics work properly (including next/previous track search function), replace if necessary
- Replace the tape deck drive belt (they stretch anywhere from 1-5 centimeters!! this is a BRAND NEW OEM GRADE BELT)
- Full head cleaning and degaussing using professional, studio grade cleaning materials and degaussing tool
- Full roller / capstan cleaning, replacement if needed

PLEASE NOTE: About 2 of every 5 tape decks I see CANNOT be refurbished. In those cases I can replace your tape unit for $150. The tape refurb fees are of course waived in these situations.

Recent delivery going through final testing

current reproduction radio code cards, before laminating (these are delivered laminated)

cantaloupe ready radio, fully refurbished

tape deck brackets (included with the cantaloupe ready option). pics also show where they go on the latest cantaloupe board

HOWTOs:
DB vert plastic bumpers
OEM Keys
MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
91 ic Calypso 3.1
86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Last edited by bradnic; 07-13-2019 at 10:01 AM.
bradnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
pancakesth99
Noobie

Interested. I’ll wait for pics.
pancakesth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

SOLD thanks @stonea! He'll be adding his Cantaloupe board himself.

I have 2 more on deck, will be ready tomorrow. More after that
Old 02-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
Old city bimmer
E30 Enthusiast

Great seller- got mine with Bluetooth add on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

323i MTEC1
Z3 coupe
E60 M5
Old city bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

Thanks @oldcitybimmer!

To clarify - and not to p&ss off @jaysterling - I resold my personal 1st gen production board to him, a late 2017 version without the aux in. I also have a pre-production prototype that I will not ever sell.

You need to purchase your cantaloupe boards through cantalouperadio.com or an authorized reseller like Levent / Gutenparts. I'll talk to Jay about an option for you to have them shipped to me directly.

UPDATE: I CAN NOW SELL YOU CANTALOUPE BOARDS AND ACCESSORIES IF YOU ORDER THE REFURB SERVICE FOR YOUR RADIO (thanks @jaysterling!)

Last edited by bradnic; 04-15-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

all orders shipped.. two additonal radios available
Old 02-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
Ceeker
R3VLimited

Nice goin Brad, great offering. thumbs up!!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #8
Jordan
R3V OG

This is very relevant to my interests.

Hers 13 X3 375hp/450tq - His 14 M5 780hp/730tq
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #9
audiquattrot
No R3VLimiter

man I wish you were doing this years ago before I hacked mine and put that DEH headunit in.

Current:
'05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
'90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
'15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
'01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
'88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
'01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
'90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
'89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*
audiquattrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
Nice goin Brad, great offering. thumbs up!!
Thanks Ernie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiquattrot View Post
man I wish you were doing this years ago before I hacked mine and put that DEH headunit in.
You lost all privileges when you cut that houndstooth rear seat up for subwoofer ports lol. JK. sorta. come back to OEM yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
This is very relevant to my interests.
DUDE. already started working on yours.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #11
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

All I have increased prices for the tape deck version. Those of you that contacted me before no worries I will honor the original posted price.

It's just too much work to restore the rollers, clean the head, find clean reliable tape mechanisms that won't eat your tapes after a month, won't warble like crazy, won't autoreverse on you, don't fully function with scan, ff, rew etc. etc..
Old 02-04-2019, 10:23 PM   #12
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

Restored with the tape deck. she works beautifully. Rush on the cassette lol.

1st pic was before final assembly - ALL screws present on delivered unit.

Note quality of the faceplate. That took an hour of work, swapped bits.

Scanning to the next cassette track
Old 02-05-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

Radio above just sold. 3 more available
Old 02-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #14
audiquattrot
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnic View Post
you lost all privileges when you cut that houndstooth rear seat up for subwoofer ports lol. Jk. Sorta. Come back to oem yo.

l o l

Current:
'05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
'90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
'15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
'01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
'88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
'01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
'90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
'89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*
audiquattrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #15
bradnic
No R3VLimiter

One more sold. 2 available, more later this week.