• Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input!
    1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
    1991 318is: raw DD
    2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

pads

hps, hp+, axxis ultimates,....even consider mintex 1114's...I jus put em on my rears for track days.....
      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

:up:

Very happy to read the advice given in this thread... hopefully the OP will take it to heart (sounds like he did anyway)

Also good to see some familiar "faces" here :)

I'm a firm believer that your car upgrades should come after your driver upgrades. We need to learn to walk before we can run (and walking on track is very different than walking on the street).
        Stacy (Stack) King - HPDE Co-Chairman - Triangle Z Club / Tarheel Sports Car Club
        North Carolina

Comment

Learn vehicle dynamics and car control, then incrementally upgrade your suspension. Like everyone else has said, spend your $$ on preventive maintenance, consumables such as tires and pads, and track time.

What happens if you spend mass $$ on a killer C/O setup and you wreck the car because your a n00b (I am too)? As someone on the NASA forums wrote, if you are going to track your car, you should be able to push your car over a cliff and walk away... don't spend too much at this stage of the game. An E30 M3 just set the new D Mod track record at WSIR, against much more powerful cars such as E36 and E46 M3's... it's all about the nut behind the wheel :D
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

What happens if you spend mass $$ on a killer C/O setup and you wreck the car because your a n00b (I am too)? As someone on the NASA forums wrote, if you are going to track your car, you should be able to push your car over a cliff and walk away... don't spend too much at this stage of the game.
            I'll modify that slightly and say that while you can take you daily driver to the track and have fun, if you feel the need to modify it to improve its performance you need to start operating under the logic of "Don't take any car to the track that you are emotionally or financially attached to.".

For a beginner, an ordinary street car in good condition with no more than high performance street tires is what you should have. Only when you've developed the skills to get everything that car configuration has to offer should you consider upgrades.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
              ...For a beginner, an ordinary street car in good condition with no more than high performance street tires is what you should have. Only when you've developed the skills to get everything that car configuration has to offer should you consider upgrades.
              May I add that a beginner should have regular street tires and not R-Compound. The more slippery, the better the learning curve. Many clubs will not allow beginners to run R-Compounds.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
              X