Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you cash for clunkers.

Comment

I actually think e30 prices are flatlining and potentially dipping back down. Regardless, I think it's completely asinine to part out a fixable/driveable e30. Though I shouldn't be talking after giving up on three of them. Many regrets...
      My Feedback

Comment

Mine is not the cleanest e30 but I dont think I would ever part with it the only car under $20,000 I'd take over it would be a clean 5 speed e36 m3 sedan
        1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
        2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
        2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          I actually think e30 prices are flatlining and potentially dipping back down.
          Interesting. What makes you think that prices will drop?

Comment

all the drifter kids and M/S5X swappers are only helping drive the values up, as well.
            8380 Laboratories
            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I wonder if people are getting 'into' e30s more because 'classic' and less because 'racecar'.

Comment

Is it out of the question to import an E21/E30 say, from Germany to the U.S.?

Comment

Even though I love my E30's, I wouldn't consider them to be collectables/classics just yet as production numbers were to high and there are still a considerable number on the road today. With that being said though, finding a good specimen (one that has not been rice hacked, rusty to shit nor turned into a drift missle) that is original or has tasteful modifications are becoming harder to come across. Not to mention, the rice crowd coming over and buying an "e" and trying to charge $5000 for it with no maintenance history, terrible rims/paint and stickers all over the damn thing. Prices are starting to surge (most are unrealistic) as e30's regain their popularity.

Comment

It's an awesome chassis
                    At the risk of getting tarred, feathered and pilloried, it's not, really.

Stylistically, I find it very pretty. It's strong and safe for its time.

But it has a 2002 suspension and cylinder head. The E36 is better in most ways.
                    It handles better. It makes more power. Almost everything about it is an improvement.

And yet, I love my E30, and the E36 is just a commutabox.

Go figure.

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

It handles better. It makes more power. Almost everything about it is an improvement.

Go figure.

t
                      The e36 definitely has better chassis dynamics; rear suspension, weight distribution, rigidity etc. That said, the e30 is 400lbs lighter with a smaller wheelbase and more raw/entertaining to toss around.

That is all. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

Go figure.

t
                        "The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong."

Comment

I don't think the e30 will be a 'collector classic' until another 20 or so years passes. It just got popular real quick, same thing that happened with 240's and ae86's a few years ago. Doesn't help that jalopnik brings them up all the time, ect... eventually people are going say 'fuck this' to their prices and they will drop again.

Comment

I think the e30 is already a 'classic'. I think the jury on how collectible they will become (m3 excepted).

If nothing else, the e30 is widely regarded as THE yuppie-mobile. This is the car of the blue shirt and red suspenders. Regan, the 'me' generation, the brick phone, all that kind of stuff.

Charlie Sheen drove one in 'Wall Street' for a reason.

In a sense, it's much like the '57 bel-air, the Mustang and the Volkswagen type II; A popular car (when new) that's instantly identifiable by non-car folks because of the social era / movement they symbolize.

Within ' US car culture' it's a great example of the decline the luxury domestic car being the first choice to show that you've 'made it'.

That, and it's good fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
                              all the drifter kids and M/S5X swappers are only helping drive the values up, as well.
                              Please explain? its a BMW engine, no different than swapping a m20 into a 318. In the long run yes the e30 with the m20 will be worth more than the e30 with the 24v because they will both be ancient and only one will be original. but as far as the prices everyone is complaining about now for stock auto crap cars... its just that, everyone is complaining about cheap stock prices. 24v brings in more cash in this market and no one complains about those listing on CL. We aren't the problem, go find someone else to blame.:hitler:

edit: obviously backing up the 24v swap guys, as far as the drifters go... they are making the car a slight bit rarer so your right there

Comment

Originally posted by cavpilot View Post

Our cars are almost considered vintage/classic.
                                ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
                                Almost?
                                Yours truly,
                                Rich
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                                X