BOSE suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOSE suspension?

I'm a bit skeptical, but read about it and watch the videos. the bump tests in particular are very interesting.

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

looks to work similarly to the 50th ani' Vette.

Wonder how much weight it would add?

Comment

wtf?

Bose making suspension? are we going to start seeing sony and alpine suspension too?

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
        wtf?

Bose making suspension? are we going to start seeing sony and alpine suspension too?
        Uhhhhh... right.

That's cool in the video, how it "extends" the wheel to absorb the dip in the road.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

wtf?

Speakers and suspensions both have one thing in common: Require dynamic analysis to develop. Both are in essence, vibrations. In this case, both are electro-mechanical systems, with control and feedback. When doing simple system analysis, a speaker is usually modelled as a linear motor -- just like the one Bose uses in their suspension.

That said, I don't like Bose speakers... speaker building is as much an art as a science.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1
            looks to work similarly to the 50th ani' Vette.

Wonder how much weight it would add?
            Not similar at all. The 50th Anniv Vette uses Delphi's magnetic shocks, which have ferrous particles suspended in the shock oil. Running a current thru the oil changes the viscosity of the solution.

Bose is physically replacing the typical hydraulic shock with a linear motor.

Comment

I don't think the bose suspension is using springs, either.

and there is no need for sway bars, so each wheel is truly independent.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando

It uses torsion bars for springs... just like a lot of trucks do.

Comment

My girlfriend's dad worked for Bose this past year as a consultant and was telling me about this. I have no doubt that it will be exactly like all their other products: over-hyped SHIT. Bose sucks.
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

longevity?

Comment

Wow, that suspension setup is crazy awesome.

Comment

Bosch makes the engine management system on my ride, and our washer/dryer.
                        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                          Bosch makes the engine management system on my ride, and our washer/dryer.
                          They made our old dishwasher, my spark plugs, and I'm sure a few other things around my house.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

some one should try this thing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Z3Jonathan
                              Originally posted by nando

It uses torsion bars for springs... just like a lot of trucks do.
                              to support the weight of the vehicle

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Working...
                              X