Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGood View Post
    The factory stuff works 100% perfectly.
    On track tho? I'm worried about cooling.
    What oil pressures do you guys see?
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
      On track tho? I'm worried about cooling.
      What oil pressures do you guys see?

20psi at idle, jumps up to 70psi by 2k, ~80psi above 4k. Seems high, but it was like that with my m60 and my m62. The pump pressure relief is supposed is 60psi IIRC, not sure if the spring is weak or what.

Either way, that is all WELL within the operating range of the parts I was using.

Why not try to run it, monitor oil temps, and work on cooling if needed? No reason to fix stuff that isn’t broken, and risk stuffing a car into a wall when shitty aftermarket parts fail.

YMMV, just a very stern warning to be careful. Obviously these parts should all work fine, an engine is an engine and oil is oil, but so far we’ve seen bad results, and until an explanation is found, I’d say it’s an ongoing risk. I’d hate to see someone else do what I did and ball up a car, or worse yet, get hurt. Catastrophic oil loss on a track generally means spins and/or fires.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post

Either way, that is all WELL within the operating range of the parts I was using.
        Most spin on filters have internal pressure relief vales, seems strange that you guys keep blowing stuff up.
        I will be sticking to the stock system (adapted to AN-10) and ill see how track time goes.

High-key really dissapointed i may not be able to use this baller Setrab i have...
        We're in deep now boys
        1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
        1988 340iL - Track car
        My M60 V8 swap thread here
        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

I had wanted to do an oil cooler and remote spin on set up on my build. Bummer there's so many problems with them, considering stock filter housing now

Comment

No, just no. Leave it stock and save yourself the headaches like Justin said!!

Comment

Working...
            X