Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 factory options, what do these options mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 2214
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
      No 2214
      Interesting. When you run your VIN through online VIN decoder, does it return options 904 and 941?

Comment

Originally posted by SickFinga View Post
        Interesting. When you run your VIN through online VIN decoder, does it return options 904 and 941?
        They do not.

The ones I get are:

Factory Options (This is what comes up in the decode):
        209 Limited Slip Differential (25%) Sperrdifferential 25%
        281 Lm-rad 6 1/2 X 14 Lm-rad 6 1/2 X 14
        325 Rear Spoiler Heckspoiler
        401 Sliding/vent Roof, Electric Schiebe-hebedach, Elektrisch
        410 Window Lifts, Electric At Front Fensterheber, Elektrisch Vorn
        481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger Sportsitze Fuer Fahrer/beifahrer
        530 Air Conditioning Klimaanlage
        540 Cruise Control Geschwindigkeitsregelung
        551 On-board Computer Ii W Remote Control Bordcomputer Ii Mit Fernbedienung
        675 Bmw Sound System Bmw Sound System
        704 M Sport Suspension M Sportfahrwerk
        708 M-sport Leather Steering Wheel Ii M Sport-lederlenkrad Ii

My dealer options are (These do not come up in the decode as broken down below):
        0032 9576 100% PACK
        0281 16" CHROME WHLS ROUND
        0325 Rear spoiler
        0904 SPECIAL
        0941 Special equipment handling
        0971 5 SERIES MATS
        Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Comment

They do not.

The ones I get are:

Factory Options (This is what comes up in the decode):
          209 Limited Slip Differential (25%) Sperrdifferential 25%
          281 Lm-rad 6 1/2 X 14 Lm-rad 6 1/2 X 14
          325 Rear Spoiler Heckspoiler
          401 Sliding/vent Roof, Electric Schiebe-hebedach, Elektrisch
          410 Window Lifts, Electric At Front Fensterheber, Elektrisch Vorn
          481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger Sportsitze Fuer Fahrer/beifahrer
          530 Air Conditioning Klimaanlage
          540 Cruise Control Geschwindigkeitsregelung
          551 On-board Computer Ii W Remote Control Bordcomputer Ii Mit Fernbedienung
          675 Bmw Sound System Bmw Sound System
          704 M Sport Suspension M Sportfahrwerk
          708 M-sport Leather Steering Wheel Ii M Sport-lederlenkrad Ii

My dealer options are (These do not come up in the decode as broken down below):
          0032 9576 100% PACK
          0281 16" CHROME WHLS ROUND
          0325 Rear spoiler
          0904 SPECIAL
          0941 Special equipment handling
          0971 5 SERIES MATS

It's possible that those options are internal BMW NA codes for packages and other stuff. So they might not coincide with the BMW AG codes. Do you have access to the dealer to pull codes for other VINs?

I think 0032 means that it's a 325is. BMW NA code for the manual 325is was ##32 where ## is model year. Your car's BMW NA model code would be 8732. If you got access to the dealer, I can throw some VINs at you to figure out exactly what those codes mean using deduction method.

Comment

It's possible that those options are internal BMW NA codes for packages and other stuff. So they might not coincide with the BMW AG codes. Do you have access to the dealer to pull codes for other VINs?

I think 0032 means that it's a 325is. BMW NA code for the manual 325is was ##32 where ## is model year. Your car's BMW NA model code would be 8732. If you got access to the dealer, I can throw some VINs at you to figure out exactly what those codes mean using deduction method.
            I dont have direct access, but a very kind member here ran the report for me (he works at a dealer).

I wont sign him up to run VIN's, I think that is something he would need to offer :).

However, what I have learned is that ANY dealer can run you the "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry" which will provide you all the details of your vin.

I have sent off an email to BMW Germany to see if they can provide me more details or maybe a comprehensive options list.

Where in the GTA are you from? Downtown TO? I live in Port Credit.

Comment

I dont have direct access, but a very kind member here ran the report for me (he works at a dealer).

I wont sign him up to run VIN's, I think that is something he would need to offer :).
              Well, if whoever it is reading this and got some free time. PM me

However, what I have learned is that ANY dealer can run you the "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry" which will provide you all the details of your vin.
              Most use VIN feature decoder which won't return those options.

I have sent off an email to BMW Germany to see if they can provide me more details or maybe a comprehensive options list.
              Let me know what they'll say.

Where in the GTA are you from? Downtown TO? I live in Port Credit.
              I'm in Mississauga

Comment

Well, if whoever it is reading this and got some free time. PM me

Most use VIN feature decoder which won't return those options.

Let me know what they'll say.
                The original dealership where my E30 was purchased pulled me the same report at the dealer level, I believe they just log into https://www.dealerspeed.net/ and literally run the report called "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry".

I'm in Mississauga
                Cool, we live in the same city, and both have ties to the baltic ;D

Comment

The original dealership where my E30 was purchased pulled me the same report at the dealer level, I believe they just log into https://www.dealerspeed.net/ and literally run the report called "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry".
                  Is it a Canadian car? Yeah, I know about dealerspeed and Vehicle Inquiry. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts that got access to it.

Cool, we live in the same city, and both have ties to the baltic ;D
                  To what Baltic country do you have a connection?

Comment

Is it a Canadian car? Yeah, I know about dealerspeed and Vehicle Inquiry. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts that got access to it.

To what Baltic country do you have a connection?
                    No its a US car, lived in Cali until I bought it.

Lithuania, born there, left when I was 6.

Comment

Notice it's a IS and it has code 704 M sport suspension, hmmmm, everyone says a IS is a trim package,
                      88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

it is a trim package. while it does come with "sport" springs they really aren't worth anything. I think they came with Bilsteins too. but even a simple H&R sport & Bilstein Sport setup would be better, so nobody really cares about the stock "sport" suspension..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My car did come with Bilstein HD's from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            it is a trim package. while it does come with "sport" springs they really aren't worth anything. I think they came with Bilsteins too. but even a simple H&R sport & Bilstein Sport setup would be better, so nobody really cares about the stock "sport" suspension..

Anybody have a window stick off their IS???

Comment

Lithuania, born there, left when I was 6.
                              Nice. Been there a bunch of times.

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
                              Notice it's a IS and it has code 704 M sport suspension, hmmmm, everyone says a IS is a trim package,
                              Even calling it a trim is really a stretch. It is just a package.
                              318i, 318is, 325i those are trim levels.

What do you think it is?

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
                              Anybody have a window stick off their IS???
                              Just wondering, what do you think you'll see there?

Comment

Just wondering, what do you think you'll see there?[/QUOTE]

I HAD the window sticker off my 88is, and it had info for the sport suspension, but that car is gone, and I left the all the info when the car was purchased new in the glove box, stupid me,

Comment

Working...
                                X