No announcement yet.

CNC Machining Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would the RK3 shaped knob cost in stainless and aluminum? I think those would be your top sellers right there.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
      What would the RK3 shaped knob cost in stainless and aluminum? I think those would be your top sellers right there.
      ditto
      Dan

Comment

do you guys do bead/sand blasting? i need to get some rims stripped down then powdercoated black. let me know. thanks
        -cary
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisd
          OK, I'll do steel too. As you guys know, steel is cheap,stainless is a bit more but stainless doesn't require any finish. It is also fairly hard to get mild steel to have any kind of a decently smooth finish on it.

(Then there's titanium, go to uuc for that. I've machined plenty and I'm pretty tired of it.)
          well whatever has a nice finish, reasonably priced, and has a heavy feel is what i'd be looking for.
          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Stainless RK3 in black would be ultra fly.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
              do you guys do bead/sand blasting? i need to get some rims stripped down then powdercoated black. let me know. thanks
              -cary
              No, sorry. But we use Electro Plating Specialties (I think??) in Hayward CA. They are right next door to double-oh-two salvage. (nice!)

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is

now think about that for a few minutes, try not to hurt yourself in the process though
                BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  Originally posted by hamann318is

now think about that for a few minutes, try not to hurt yourself in the process though
                  I'm sure he'd sit there for a few days trying to anodize it, too.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

I would be in for an aluminum RK3 with the shift pattern engraved, in either a natural finish or black, doesn't really matter.

Can you give us a ball park time range on this project? I have been on the market for a shift knob for a while and I'm just sick of this stock vinyl knob.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Bleh, I meant steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        Can you give us a ball park time range on this project? I have been on the market for a shift knob for a while and I'm just sick of this stock vinyl knob.
                        I am tired of my worn out leather knob too, it's worn through to the rubber. I'll get on it pretty quick (2-3 weeks) for the aluminum ones.
                        I posted Aluminum knob prices on the first page.
                        Stainless will be around $18.00 just for material, 6061 aluminum is $4.00
                        I won't make stainless ones until I can recoup costs on the material: I will be buying 3 feet, for about $300. That's maybe 15 knobs. Aluminum I have in stock, and I will be happy to make as few as 1 part.

Comment

here's my next try at it:

A little less bulbous, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisd
                            here's my next try at it:

A little less bulbous, i think.
                            I can dig it. It seems as if it's too short though, or the shaft would have to go up all the way inside the knob.

So we'd be looking at around $35 or so for one of those with the shift pattern in black anodized aluminum?
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I'd definitely be down for that. Where would the setscrew(s) be?

Comment

That's pretty much there, very solid. Black aluminum or steel is fine with me. I'd enjoy steel more probably. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X