Clear All

great story, and a clean car. nice

Comment

fuckin A mate.

nice score !
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Nice !
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

So cool! Congrats. I loved the story.
          -Nick
          Originally posted by 87e30
          First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

You lucky bastard!! Congrats man, hell of a story to go along with a heck of a car! Take care of her so you can pass her down to your kids.

Btw, I noticed the black front lip. Wasn't a painted IS lip standard?
            1991 318i Sedan
            2005 X5 3.0i Sport
            2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

what a fantastic story. nice find!

Comment

Gorgeous dude! that's one hell of a score.

I'm glad to hear you're keeping in touch with Otto and his wife, I bet they have some really great stories to share.
                - Josh
                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by SeatownE30 View Post
                  You lucky bastard!! Congrats man, hell of a story to go along with a heck of a car! Take care of her so you can pass her down to your kids.

Btw, I noticed the black front lip. Wasn't a painted IS lip standard?
                  It was. About a year before Otto sold the car, he cracked the front lip and replaced it. The fresh alpine white paint didn't quite match the 20 year-old alpine white paint, and it drove him crazy! The front-end is slightly chipped from 130k miles, so I'm debating a respray to get it back to its former glory. In the mean time, I plastidipped the lip to protect the paint and make it stand out less. I love that it'll just peel off when I want it to.

He also cracked the drivers side fog light in 1998. He immediately covered both fog lights with plastic and painters tape to protect them until I got the car. They both look perfect if it wasn't for the crack. I might just leave it alone for character.

Comment

Amazing car! Even cooler story. That's my favorite thing about buying and selling cars. You meet so many different people from different walks of life

Comment

Originally posted by e30Chris View Post
                      It was. About a year before Otto sold the car, he cracked the front lip and replaced it. The fresh alpine white paint didn't quite match the 20 year-old alpine white paint, and it drove him crazy! The front-end is slightly chipped from 130k miles, so I'm debating a respray to get it back to its former glory. In the mean time, I plastidipped the lip to protect the paint and make it stand out less. I love that it'll just peel off when I want it to.

He also cracked the drivers side fog light in 1998. He immediately covered both fog lights with plastic and painters tape to protect them until I got the car. They both look perfect if it wasn't for the crack. I might just leave it alone for character.
                      I say fix the foglight, keep the original paint as it is. Original paint cars in that condition tend to be more collectible over time. But that's me.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

This is one of the best stories I've heard about purchasing a car. Good job man!

+1 for 318 love!
                        1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Dont paint the car! Just touch up the chips and call it a day. I would MUCH rather have original paint. And you can get lens replacements for the fogs btw.

Comment

I debate the paint. The front end is by no means perfect. It's got rock chips on the valance and the hood is chipped in places. There's a few scratches in other areas as well. I guess it speaks to its survivor status, and its certainly presentable when cleaned up. I just love this little thing and being a bit of a perfectionist the chips kinda bug me. Also, the rear spoiler is cracked like crazy. I've got to figure out something for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Chris View Post

Keep the lip black, i think it looks alot better on a AW car. Just my 2 cents

I own a 318i very similar to yours plus 2 additional doors. :) 318 LOVE!

1991 318i Sedan
                              2005 X5 3.0i Sport
                              2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

Originally posted by SeatownE30 View Post
                                Keep the lip black, i think it looks alot better on a AW car. Just my 2 cents

I own a 318i very similar to yours plus 2 additional doors. :) 318 LOVE!

Yea, I've really grown to like the black lip. On AW it blends with the rest of the car better.

I love the 318. The M42 is great engine and honestly, the car's geared perfectly to be peppy and not FEEL slow. These cars deserve more respect than all the M/S52 swaps they get.

Comment

Working...
                                X