X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Antonovs fly all over the world, including the US

but those are cargo planes

Comment

Most of the tu-154 accidents including this one have been due to pilot error. The quality of the plane is not an issue here.
      cars beep boop

Comment

also, apparently, it wasn't a civilian plane, but all Government officials.

On 10 April 2010, a Tupolev 154M Lux, serial number 90A-837 (aircraft 101 of the Polish Air Force, 36th Special Aviation Regiment), carrying the Polish President Lech Kaczyński, his wife, and great majority of high ranking government and military officials crashed whilst making the fourth attempt to land in fog at Smolensk-North air base in Russia killing all of the 88 high government officials and passengers, and crew of 8.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          ofcourse it wasn't a civillian plane! why would you think that?

Oh just found out another thing:

The same pilot got reprimanded in 2008 for disagreeing with Kaczynski about landing in severe weather conditions.

He basically told the pilot to put the plane down during a fuckin storm!
          Shame he couldn't repeat such a landing

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            Fourth attempt? Jesus. I work at an airport and I have never seen a plane make more than 2 attempts. Does Poland not have IFR or something? Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
              Fourth attempt? Jesus. I work at an airport and I have never seen a plane make more than 2 attempts. Does Poland not have IFR or something? Jeez.
              Smolensk (the airport the crash occurred at) doesn't.
              cars beep boop

Comment

You work at Sea-Tac or a smaller airfield, h0lmes?
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  2nd attempt, and it was in Russia

Shitty soviet bases do not have IFR

Comment

Working...
                  X