Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you tell is its 325i or 325e block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you tell is its 325i or 325e block?

posting this for a friend i also would like to know. He bought a 87 bmw 325is some idiot put a 2.7eta head and intake manifold on it how can i tell if its a 2.5 bottom end or 2.7 without taking the motor apart? Does it make a big hp difference if its a 2.7 block & 2.5 top end?

His old car is for sale 1988 325is 127k 5spd hit rear driver quarter panel after spending close to a $800 in the car he only had it for 2 weeks dam jap racer trying to drift in a piece of crap trueno. The car is basically a parts car still runs and drives great make offer in southern california.

thanks alot

the block will have numbers cast on it. Also near the oil pump drive, there is a VIN number on the block, see if it matches the car.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

i see you post answers all the time to peoples questions thanks alot man you know your e30's

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        the block will have numbers cast on it. Also near the oil pump drive, there is a VIN number on the block, see if it matches the car.
        Where is the vin?

When you say VIN do you mean the VIN like as in the one on the dashboard but instead on the block because all i find is serial numbers.

I looked on my 1986 Eta block and my 325i block

Comment

You sure it is actually a 325is?
          It could be an eta with a different badge.
          What does the sticker inside the driver's door say?

Comment

its a IS for sure the driver strut tower says engine family m20b25 ive had a 88 325is that was a factory 2.7. on the 87 below the alternator on the block its stamped 2597866 does this mean its a 2.5? the vin number are put on by stickers on the block but has been washed off this car.

Comment

Stickers! well that explains it.

No way in heck would sticker be on an engine block after more then 12 years or less

Comment

Originally posted by bmwe3
                its a IS for sure the driver strut tower says engine family m20b25 ive had a 88 325is that was a factory 2.7. on the 87 below the alternator on the block its stamped 2597866 does this mean its a 2.5? the vin number are put on by stickers on the block but has been washed off this car.
                Yes, but what does the sticker say inside the driver's door say?

I wasn't aware that they made a 325is with a 2.7, can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

on the door it says 325 I/IS .yea i didnt believe it either i bought a 1988 325is it had the I intake manifold,tb but the head was stamped 2.7 and the engine family was m2b27 it needed the cam replaced since number 6 exhaust cam lobe was ground down almost a 1/8 inch the dealer didnt believe me when i went to buy head gasket set either til he saw the car. i still have te head off the car. same casting numbers as a E head.

Comment

Working...
                  X