Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    Damn straight! Who do we have to work with to have this: replaced with this: ?
    JasonC is the keeper of the smilies. I made the second one, so feel free to use it!
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Having the contrast between the painted flare and the black hardware and fender welting looks best IMO
      its gonna look so damn good
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        JasonC is the keeper of the smilies. I made the second one, so feel free to use it!
        I already am :) see my sig
        Originally posted by wworm View Post
        its gonna look so damn good
        Just ordered the paint for the flares. Had a local paint shop mix the color in one of those spraymax 2k spray cans. We will see how it looks. If all goes well I should have the flares painted and installed by the end of the weekend.
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by sh3rpak!ng View Post
          i already am :) see my sig
          Nice :D
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Just ordered the paint for the flares. Had a local paint shop mix the color in one of those spraymax 2k spray cans. We will see how it looks. If all goes well I should have the flares painted and installed by the end of the weekend.

Looking forward to it. Was going through bronzit withdrawal during the downtime in this thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

dude.... wheres the update
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                +1

Let's see those painted flares!
                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                    +1

Let's see those painted flares!
                    Alright jeez, I know I owe an update. Been too busy actually doing the things to post them.

Soon
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Lol r3v: the neediest girlfriend you’ve ever had

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Lol r3v: the neediest girlfriend you’ve ever had

you're not looking at other forums are you?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          you're not looking at other forums are you?
                          Might've been lurking on garagejournal by accident.............. Now that I have a garage.... I promise I have some cool garage updates too :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                          Shadetree30

Comment

ok we can let that slide :D
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Damn, didn't realize it's been nearly 3 weeks since I last updated. That just means I've been very busy.

So I finished installing the flares and modifying the fenders. I didn't take many pictures because I was in a rush, but it was all seam welded and coated with a thick layer of seam sealer.

In hindsight, I didn't need to cut so far into the rear of the existing flare above the rear bumper. It did need to be trimmed a bit because it was interfering with the new flare, but I went a bit too far... Oh well.

Primed, painted and cleared the flares from a rattle can. I need to repaint them. The paint did not come out well mostly because I think I did not wait long enough between coats and it was too cold. If you look close the clear coat is full of microbubbles wihch make it look hazy. At least they're "relatively" the right colors. Good enough for now.

My girlfriend gave this to me as a gift. Drawn by her cousin. Pretty awesome.

Finally got a toolbox to store all my small hand tools. This guy from HF is great. I may add a side cabinet/drawer down the road.

Pulled the trans ahead of the track day to inspect everything and make sure it's all working properly. I'm still having some strange engagement/disengagement issues. I called clutchmasters and they were stumped. The wear on the pressure plate fingers is apparently normal. I'm considering a hydraulic TOB.

To be safe I also replaced the guide sleeve and clutch fork. That didn't seem to make much difference. The funny thing is that immediatley after I reinstalled the trans, the clutch felt much easier and smoother to depress. After a couple miles of driving it went back to feeling the same as it has been. Between the pressure plate wear and wear on the guide sleeve, it almost makes me think the TOB is getting cockeyed when it presses against the pressure plate. It may be hard to see from the photo, but half the PP fingers show deeper wear than the other half, and they also have some heat marks. The wear ring on the PP is also a larger diameter than the contact ring on the TOB.

Trans out. Took me a little over an hour to have it on the ground.

And here's the first side of the flares "finished". Still needs to have the welting tucked a little better.

Went for a drive

Track prep. Installed centered FCABs to take out some caster. The tires were rubbing the front of the flares and front of the wheel wells. I also had to "clearance" a corner of the rear of the wheel wells BFH style. New radiator went in. My roomate in the background starting to fabricate some shelves.

Had some minor issues at the track. First, I will get rid of the front CCV hose off the vanos. It puked oil into the catch can on hard braking and overflowed it. I shoved a rag in the hose for a temporary fix and it was fine after that. Second was the power steering reservoir. It also puked fluid all over the place. I cleaned it up and ziptied a rag around the lid. It was fine after that. Really need to install the new reservoir and see if that helps with the pressurization/airation. If not, maybe it needs a larger cooler.

Other than those two minor issues, the car was fantastic. Took all the abuse I could give it and ran like a champ. No overheating whatsoever. Water temp held around 185. Oil temp slowly started to climb over 200 by the end of the 20 min sessions but didn't pass about 215ish. I'll be looking into an oil cooler soon.

These tires are so nice ;D though they don't last very long. Probably could get 4 track days out of them? I would like to hit a couple of autoxs next and keep dialing the car in. It needs to be driven.

Brakes were fantastic as well. I didn't notice any fade and they stopped HARD. Funny thing is that I still have some easy improvements to make there which should only improve them further. I didn't have time to install my own brake ducts/backing plates so I ran without (those will help). I also didn't realize I ran out of ATE fluid, so I bled the brakes with some old (unopened) BMW brand dot 4 fluid. Next time I'll flush and bleed with motul rbf 660, now that I've got the brakes dialed in I know I won't be wasting it. Lastly, pedal travel was a bit long with the 22/22 MC and because of that, heel toeing was very difficult. I plan to change it for the 25/25 MC.

My friend gabe was there with me romping on his 24v swapped, AWD converted GTIm for the first time. It was a good day. The cars returned no worse for the wear, we learned a lot about ourselves and the cars, and we left with some good ideas for improvement on both fronts.

Garage updates will come soon. My roomate designed and water jetted some cool shelf brackets so we've got shelves going up. We also got a bunch of LED overhead panel lights, hung most of them and wired them up. It's like daylight in the garage. We're also finishing up a work bench and welding table. Pegboard for behind one of the benches too. 5.1 surround sound for music :)
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Bronzits are not supposed to look this good
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X