car does not track straight- help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car does not track straight- help please

ok so i have a 87 325i vert. less than 1k ago i replaced control arms, tie rods, poly control arm bushings. not offset though. idk why i didnt get offset but w/e, and new sway bar endlinks. pretty much the FCProton kit. the reason why i replaced those is because i slid out and hit a curb and bent my driver side control arm, so i decided to replace all of the above mentioned. it wasnt even a hard hit. the wheel had a nice deep rash but didnt do any damage to it or even pop the tire. so i took the car for alignment after i replaced everything. i took it to firestone since i have the lifetime alignment. a friend on my rescue squad is the manager there and trusts his employees so they do the job right as per him. ive gone for alignment twice since i replaced everything and my car doesnt track straight at all. its getting really annoying. it will track to the left. sometimes right. sometimes itll do w/e the fuck it wants to do. i actually took off my passenger side wheel to see which caliper i have since i wanted to rebuild my calipers and noticed the new swaybar endlink was starting to tear....im running on stock suspension with blown struts/shocks. i have the JOM coilvers waiting to be put it but i just need time to do it. my upper strut mount are probably shot as well. so im probably going to be odering IE camber plates with the billet RSM's as well. my rear wheel bearings are shot as well. also not sure if my steering coupler is going but im ordering the poly one from IE as well. and ive got poly trailing arm and subframe bushing waiting to go in also. i know all the shit ive said is scattered all around. but any info on helping resolve this issue would be great.
    Originally posted by evandael
    a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

What did the alignment sheet say? Is everything within spec, or no?

Comment

does this look about right? im not 100% sure of the correct specs
      Attached Files

Comment

The car is probably pulling because the rear wheels aren't correctly aligned. The cause of that could be nothing more than worn out rear trailing arm bushings. But there could be a bent trailing arm.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Hmm I plan on replacing all the above mentioned like in a month.I highly doubt I have a bent trailing arm.I really wanna know why my sway bar endlink bushings are being torn.how do I know if my front wheel bearings are going?

Comment

How old are the sway bar links?

To check the front wheel bearings, get the front up in the air and grab each wheel at the 12 & 6 o'clock positions and try to wiggle the wheel. Any motion on the vertical axis will be worn bearings. Then spin the wheel and check for roughness or noise. You may have to remove the caliper so it won't drag. Any roughness or noise is cause to replace the bearing.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

sway bar links are less than 1k old. ill try n take pics of them. but ill test that out saturday. i could care less about the links casue im prob going with an IE sway bar set. but i kinda need to find time and help in doing my rear bushings. plus i need to find a shop to weld my rear toe/camber kit

Comment

fix your thrust angle, duh.. when aligning a car, always start with the back, too.

Comment

Working...
                X