No announcement yet.

We need to outlaw Xacto knives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no one attempted to defend themselves or tried to stop an man weilding an inch and a half long blade? Psychopath or not, you better have more then an XACTO if you don't want to get fucked up...
    TWELVE HAMMERS

Comment

WTF

Blaming X-Acto knives for a a massacre is like blaming spoons for Rossie O-'Donnel being fat. Your logic astounds me
      Guns/Knives don't kill people. People kill People

Stop batching about your nanny state; that is all

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
        No more high capacity blades.
        hahahahahaha.
        YOU FUCKING WIN

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          If someone had been carrying and just shot the fucker, but no, gun free zones FTW I guess.

Some of the victims were severely injured and had to be FLOWN OUT WITH A HELICOPTER.

Seriously, injuring someone to that extent with an Xacto is nuts.
          Had everyone been packing on the hijacked flights on 9/11 planes would've landed safely as well.

Comment

^ If I were Osama I could've planned around that. Just purchase an entire planes worth of tickets for the same flight. We know there is no shortage of them willing to die to get virgins and that Al Quida has money. Of course seeing an entire plane being boarded with middle eastern men might have raised a few eyebrows, but as long as they all had the appropriate ID I'm not sure what they could do.
            "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
            -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
              ^ If I were Osama I could've planned around that. Just purchase an entire planes worth of tickets for the same flight. We know there is no shortage of them willing to die to get virgins and that Al Quida has money. Of course seeing an entire plane being boarded with middle eastern men might have raised a few eyebrows, but as long as they all had the appropriate ID I'm not sure what they could do.
              True. Much more lenient back then too. Besides, I'm sure Al Queta (sp?) has plenty of white people loyal to their cause anyways.

If you've got a fanatic, they'll use whatever they have. I can just see someone using an xacto and slipping, cutting his project at an odd, uneven angle, then just flipping out. If you stab a ton of people, project no longer due?
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

One of my buddies in high school nearly cut off the tip of his finger in graphic arts shop class. He had to get stitches. Ever since then I've had a healthy respect for them.
                "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  So you're saying if he had a semi-automatic gun with a 30 clip magazine the injury rate would be the same? If your argument is for guns, this example is not one you would want to use to support your beliefs. Show me one where a guy has a 30 round semi-automatic and starts spraying people with it, and only 14 people get injured and no one dies, then you'll have a point.
                  If he shoots like ny's finest it will be the same lol

Comment

He might aswell used a ballpoint pen..
                    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

^ Pencil eraser*

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Had everyone been packing on the hijacked flights on 9/11 planes would've landed safely as well.
                        Dream on....

First, no one would bother hijacking a plane if everyone were armed. Of course, we might lose a plane every once in a while from accidental discharge, and the occasional shootouts in airports when people get bumped from flights, but who cares, right? We'd be safer....

Second, people who feel it is their religious duty to inflict harm will generally find a way to accomplish their aim.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                          Dream on....
                          First, no one would bother hijacking a plane if everyone were armed. Of course, we might lose a plane every once in a while from accidental discharge, and the occasional shootouts in airports when people get bumped from flights, but who cares, right? We'd be safer....
                          sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of an incident from college. I was a design major, architectural, in school and me had to make scale models all the time for our designs. We used a LOT of xacto blade to cut all kinds of stuff. This kid was cutting a clear poly carbonate with an xacto and struggling with it. Usually you can score it and snap it apart, but he was trying to cut through it by making repeated cuts. I didn't pay much attention to it because, well, I didn't care. He had become more aggressive with his work, holding the knife in a fist and cutting towards himself. The next I heard from him was a scream. The knife slipped and he planted the thing square in his chest and it was sticking out of his sternum area. So, this moron is standing there with his arms outstretched with a 6" aluminum xacto knife skewered in him, freaking out. The professor stomps over to him and yanks it out then walks hims over to the first aid station on the other side of the building. After that all you could hear was stifled laughter from the class, myself included. Never saw that kid after that semester.
                            '88 325is
                            Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                            X