My bolt fell while adjusting my valve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bolt fell while adjusting my valve!

My bolt fell in a hole where the valves are on the side of the exhaust. Should I be worried? Is there a way I can get it?

You mean the adjuster locking NUT, right?

1. no, it's not going to hurt anything.
    2. try a magnet on a stick. $2.99 at Pep Zone.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

As long as it fell down an oil return you should be fine. It will bounce around in the pan but the oil pickup tube has a screen to keep it from locking up the oil pump.

Make sure it didn't get caught in a valve spring.

Comment

I had a nut fall down the oil return when changing the eccentrics once. Its just a bit to big to get out the oil drain hole. I took a strong magnet, dragged the nut to the back of the pan, and then stuck the magnet to the steering rack. It stayed like that for a long time and then I eventually dropped the oil pan and got the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
          I had a nut fall down the oil return when changing the eccentrics once. Its just a bit to big to get out the oil drain hole. I took a strong magnet, dragged the nut to the back of the pan, and then stuck the magnet to the steering rack. It stayed like that for a long time and then I eventually dropped the oil pan and got the nut.
          lol that's great.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
          X