No announcement yet.

UUC DSSR headache...again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up on UUC as well. They failed me one too many times.

Comment

My friend also bought a DSSR from UUC, he got a 91 318i convertible, somehow, he got one for a M5 the first time, he returned it UUC then he got one for a M3, none of them fit his e30, I know because I'm the one who measured and compared with the stock one. The worst thing is UUC kept telling my friend it's the right one or it will fit his car. I admit their products are good but only when it fit your car, if it doesn't fit, it just a piece of junk.

Hope you resolve your problem with UUC soon.

Comment

Andy(AKG) and I spoke about a DSSR a while ago......he does not lke the whole idea of using a g260 w/ a 24v set up...lol....and he will not produce a "twisted" dssr...it goes against his core beliefs!
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

^ LAME. Hahaha looks like I may be cutting one and welding...

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
            Andy(AKG) and I spoke about a DSSR a while ago......he does not lke the whole idea of using a g260 w/ a 24v set up...lol....and he will not produce a "twisted" dssr...it goes against his core beliefs!
            Then it sounds to me like someone needs to start producing a "10° Offset Solid Selector Rod".
            Last edited by Jand3rson; 12-04-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

If somebody made one for $80 shipped.. they would sell one to just about everybody who is swapped.

Comment

Correct part is on its way, finally. Took a little over a month to get a result, which is pretty sad.

I can't say I will be back after this. It's really not that I got a wrong part that upsets me, it happens, I'm very understanding and patient. It's the entire process; from there not being some sort of warning to check for the proper length before ordering, to the absolute complete disregard for proper customer service, no alternative methods of communication, and terrible response time.

Originally posted by e30partsguy View Post
                My friend also bought a DSSR from UUC, he got a 91 318i convertible, somehow, he got one for a M5 the first time, he returned it UUC then he got one for a M3, none of them fit his e30, I know because I'm the one who measured and compared with the stock one. The worst thing is UUC kept telling my friend it's the right one or it will fit his car. I admit their products are good but only when it fit your car, if it doesn't fit, it just a piece of junk.

Hope you resolve your problem with UUC soon.
                Nearly the exact same experience here. I would have gladly gone with AKG if I had known they produced a selector rod. Hopefully others can learn from my ordeal, because I doubt UUC will.
                Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Then it sounds to me like someone needs to start producing a "10° Offset Solid Selector Rod".
                  I've got something up my sleeve. One is in the works :)
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I'd like to hear someone compare a newly rebuilt OE selector rod assembly with the DSSR. I'm a mechanical engineer, and I love the design and in theory it sounds great. But, when I did my S50/ZF swap, I decided to save the cost and just rebuilt the original components. Shifter does not have any play at all, it's extremely tight and feels awesome. Looking at their product page, I suppose the real benefit is in the bushings and their durability. The rod itself is barely going to deform unless you're really forcing it. I guess I should feel a DSSR for myself at some point.

Comment

True, a freshly built system of parts will feel just as good. But because the OEM selector rod is exerting force from one side only, it's just a matter of time until it feels sloppy again.

Still haven't gotten the corrected part from UUC...

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
                        I'd like to hear someone compare a newly rebuilt OE selector rod assembly with the DSSR. I'm a mechanical engineer, and I love the design and in theory it sounds great. But, when I did my S50/ZF swap, I decided to save the cost and just rebuilt the original components. Shifter does not have any play at all, it's extremely tight and feels awesome. Looking at their product page, I suppose the real benefit is in the bushings and their durability. The rod itself is barely going to deform unless you're really forcing it. I guess I should feel a DSSR for myself at some point.
                        it's not the rod that deforms, but the plastic bushings that the pins slide through. the single shear rod deforms them at a much higher rate. Plus it's just tighter - I went from all new stock parts to a DSSR and the difference is night and day.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          it's not the rod that deforms, but the plastic bushings that the pins slide through. the single shear rod deforms them at a much higher rate. Plus it's just tighter - I went from all new stock parts to a DSSR and the difference is night and day.
                          This^ I also have brand new everything with a Z4m lever(no DSSR). You notice the DSSR the first time you use it. Best thing is when everything breaks in after a few days.
                          Last edited by F34R; 04-02-2013, 08:44 PM.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

From what I've read (and counting only people who seem very well versed in the e30 platform) there's up to 5 variations of the selector rod.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Exactly what he said. Same here, when I first put my 24V swap together, I used all new components with the stock rod, and doing the same with the DSSR was a world of difference. Shifts are nearly effortless now, and the notchiness of the Z3 1.9 lever is all but gone. I can just flick the lever into each gear. And where my lever used to bump the side of the console going into reverse, it comes nowhere near it now.

Comment

Going on over 4 MONTHS now, still don't have a part that fits my e30 like it was "supposed" to.

Comment

Working...
                                X