R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > Product Reviews

Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #61
amcp
Advanced Member

Wheres UUC on this? Have they been made aware of the problem?
amcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #62
JamesE30
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
So the fixes are:

1) Enlarge the hole with a file
2) Bend the clip a little more?

What about using a screw driver or pliers and pinch where the end of the metal clips to the caliper?
You only want to make the recess deeper, not wider, otherwise the clip will still slide around.

As for only bending the clip, the problem is if you bend it so tight it wont move out of place with the current design, there is no room for the spring clip to actually do it's job. You still want the clip to have some travel (some spring) left when it is installed so it still applies pressure to the pads and keeps them firmly in place.

Despite the fact I didn't buy these direct from UUC, I did contact Rob, and he did get back to my email to check if they were installed correctly.
*UUC has noted this feedback

R.H.D
M-technic I club

Last edited by JamesE30; 03-11-2014 at 02:00 PM.
JamesE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #63
GThomas
Mod Crazy

I've had this same issue. Not sure was these were not originally offered with grooves like the other side.

1991 318is S52 RIP
1987 325i Vert
1991 325is
2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/
GThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #64
rjmcdermott81
Advanced Member

UUC FTW!

I just had an incredible customer service experience. I bought my swapped car with a UUC BBK installed and after about a year, Terry Sayther spotted some paint damage happening on one of my front rims. They chased the problem back to the caliper leaking a tiny bit of fluid where the two halves are joined.

I'm not the original purchaser of the brakes, in fact the previous owner bought them from another forum member so I'm actually the third owner. When I called UUC and described the problem I fully expected to pay for a new caliper or a rebuild of some sort. I was 100% open about not being the original purchaser but the guys over there just took down my address and I had a brand new caliper, absolutely free of charge in 3 days.

These guys are kick butt and I'll make sure to buy anything I can from them. I have the SSK on my car as well and love it.
rjmcdermott81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #65
BMWManiac
E30 Enthusiast

Wow, that is actually surprising they would warranty the caliper years later....especially since you are not the original purchaser
Old 10-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #66
getouth
R3VLimited

All my experiences with UUC have been pretty legit!
getouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #67
flipper325es
Advanced Member

Does anyone still have the installation instructions that came with this kit? I can't find mine, and won't be able to get them from UUC until Monday. Trying to install the kit today, and would rather not waste the weekend.
flipper325es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #68
Joe L. Bachs
Noobie

I'll chime in. I ordered this kit from them in early August and it didn't come in until the beginning of November. They told me that although the kit was available at my time of order a "big euro wholesaler" had placed a large order for them so my order got bumped to backorder and my kit would ship out in 2 weeks. I was pretty bummed but no big deal. I wait 3 weeks and don't hear from them, so I call again and they said it would ship that week, it didn't. I called numerous times and every time they said it would be shipping out in just another day or 2..... 4 months later the kit finally arrived but with the incorrect rotors... I mean come on now haha! So $900& something bucks n almost 5 months later and I've yet to even install the kit. I gotta say I'm super disappointed with customer service @ UUC. They also kept the BBK listed as available on the UUC website the whole time which I think is a bit deceptive (or just kinda lazy maybe). I've always heard good stuff about the company and their products but this was unacceptable and I doubt I'll do business with them again, I do want their short shifter kit though. I will also say the guys on the phone were very nice the whole time they were giving me the run around and the kit looks really well built but I haven't been able to install and use it yet because of the incorrect rotors.
Joe L. Bachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:29 AM   #69
essi1553
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L. Bachs View Post
I'll chime in. I ordered this kit from them in early August and it didn't come in until the beginning of November. They told me that although the kit was available at my time of order a "big euro wholesaler" had placed a large order for them so my order got bumped to backorder and my kit would ship out in 2 weeks. I was pretty bummed but no big deal. I wait 3 weeks and don't hear from them, so I call again and they said it would ship that week, it didn't. I called numerous times and every time they said it would be shipping out in just another day or 2..... 4 months later the kit finally arrived but with the incorrect rotors... I mean come on now haha! So $900& something bucks n almost 5 months later and I've yet to even install the kit. I gotta say I'm super disappointed with customer service @ UUC. They also kept the BBK listed as available on the UUC website the whole time which I think is a bit deceptive (or just kinda lazy maybe). I've always heard good stuff about the company and their products but this was unacceptable and I doubt I'll do business with them again, I do want their short shifter kit though. I will also say the guys on the phone were very nice the whole time they were giving me the run around and the kit looks really well built but I haven't been able to install and use it yet because of the incorrect rotors.
Joe I thought I had the wrong rotors at first too, the bolts for the rotor hats do not screw into the rotor, they screw through the rotor and clamp down on it. If that is your concern please be aware of that little fact.
essi1553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:18 AM   #70
Joe L. Bachs
Noobie

Nope paid the extra $45 for drilled rotors and got undrilled rotors.... still don't have the correct ones either. But the car is garaged for the winter at this point, so maybe UUC will get me the correct rotors by spring time?... Maybe haha.
Joe L. Bachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #71
markseven
R3V Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L. Bachs View Post
Nope paid the extra $45 for drilled rotors and got undrilled rotors.... still don't have the correct ones either. But the car is garaged for the winter at this point, so maybe UUC will get me the correct rotors by spring time?... Maybe haha.
You are probably better off with standard rotors vs. drilled. Ask for a refund of the $45.