NIN is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIN is no more

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has silenced non-believers of his band's supposed demise this past September, by auctioning off hundreds of instruments and all of their leftover musical gear on eBay.

It's clear Reznor is moving on, with a statement on the Nine Inch Nails website reading:

"We've been going through the NIN touring and studio rigs and are getting rid of a large selection of gear and equipment the band is no longer in need of. It's being listed on eBay here. We do not know which (if any) tour these items are from unless specified, nor can we get any items autographed, so please do not ask. Hundreds of items will be listed over the next several weeks such as guitars, keyboards, amplifiers, drums, staging, anvil cases, cables, rack/outboard gear, guitar effects, and pedal boards."

Currently there are mostly guitars on the eBay page, with some instruments reaching over $2,000.

It's clear at this point that Reznor and the band have put the final Nine Inch Nail in the coffin, shocking diehard music fans while at the same time offering up a relatively cheap assortment of one-of-a-kind memorobilia.

:(

Comment

It's about damn time. Don't get me wrong, I like NIN a lot, but the band is 20 years old and Trent Reznor is 44. I'm a firm believer in bands breaking up before they end up as jokes.

I can't stand the trend of decrepit former bands puttering around on stage for middle aged, balding, doughy white people who are stuck in high school memories (cough Bruce Springsteen cough)

It's good NIN won't become that for the aging 90's crowd.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Doubt its done...

They've been touring nonstop for a few years. And the last couple albums have been similiar in sound. I bet he's got something else up his sleeve! I'd almost rather see him produce a little bit more, take a break from NIN albums.
        BTW, NIN is my favorite band of all time.

Comment

what "band"?

some of the producers have stuck around for a long time, but the "band" is pretty much Trent Reznor and whoever he hires to play with him at the time.

plus this guy has been making music since he was a teenager. you don't just stop doing that after 30 years. so basically it's the name that's going away. He'll be back.

also it might be too late to avoid the band as a joke problem. With Teeth isn't all that bad in retrospect, but there was some truely awful stuff between that and The Fragile. actually, pretty much everything between those two is just terrible. I can't even remember the names of the songs and I don't want to..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

he is not done--

He is clearing out all the old crap that has since been replaced with newer. The "band" is no longer touring. He is going to be more involved in collaborations and studio work. There will be more releases of NIN material, but no touring for support. This is not the end but an evolution.

There is a HBO series in production that is taking a large part of his time. The series is based on the concept album "Year Zero".

Watch out for more installments of the "ghosts series"

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
            click here for details

Comment

Agree with nando, although I really like With Teeth, but all the other mentioned has been pretty weak.

Kinda like the new "Them Crooked Vultures", need to try to listen to it again but do far it's like a cut rate QOTSA album.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Most of what I've read and heard is that NIN is done touring as a band, not that there won't be anymore new NIN material.

Comment

Pretty Hate Machine was pretty much the soundtrack of my angst-filled early teen existance.

It is still one of my 10 favorite albums of all time.
                  Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Quick trivia question:

WITHOUT GOGGLING-

Name 2 bands that arose out of the touring band supporting NIN tours?

1 is a "gimme."
                    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      what "band"?

some of the producers have stuck around for a long time, but the "band" is pretty much Trent Reznor and whoever he hires to play with him at the time.

plus this guy has been making music since he was a teenager. you don't just stop doing that after 30 years. so basically it's the name that's going away. He'll be back.

also it might be too late to avoid the band as a joke problem. With Teeth isn't all that bad in retrospect, but there was some truely awful stuff between that and The Fragile. actually, pretty much everything between those two is just terrible. I can't even remember the names of the songs and I don't want to..
                      Agree 100%.

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                      Pretty Hate Machine was pretty much the soundtrack of my angst-filled early teen existance.

It is still one of my 10 favorite albums of all time.
                      Agree with this too, except make it Top 3. :)

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                      MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                      | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        Agree with nando, although I really like With Teeth, but all the other mentioned has been pretty weak.

Kinda like the new "Them Crooked Vultures", need to try to listen to it again but do far it's like a cut rate QOTSA album.
                        it was better after waiting a few years and listening again. the title track got panned pretty hard by the critics, but it's not that bad in retrospect.

the radio stations here love TCV. it sounds pretty much the same to me, but I've only heard one single.

still hard to believe it was 10 years ago that I saw the fragile tour. damnit.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Sad to hear this, but he's been saying it was done for a while. Wish I could buy one of those guitars.

NIN in my favorite too.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

They're done, practically everything is being sold. except for what trent wants to keep for himself. he's settling down.

;)

Comment

Glad I got to see them perform back in May, he still puts on a good show.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                              '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                              '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                              SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X