DD 318is comfort Build & Track prep 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spool View Post
    Hmm you guys have peaked my interest anything i can do without introducing forced induction im game for. Im assuming torque would be the biggest outcome from these ?

That and it just makes it feel more responsive and peppy. When mine was stock i drove it normally now i just rip on it and it leaves a smile on my face every time haha.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Those mods really wake up the M42. It will still lose a drag race to a Sienna, but you will still be smiling
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Get some 4 pintle 19# injectors and a sssquid chip for it. The transformation is great. You will thank me and so will the m42. Also clean up the mess under the intake if you haven’t. Its really simple. If its likely had a head job then you timing chain and guides are likely new so no worries on those.
        That and it just makes it feel more responsive and peppy. When mine was stock i drove it normally now i just rip on it and it leaves a smile on my face every time haha.
        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Those mods really wake up the M42. It will still lose a drag race to a Sienna, but you will still be smiling
        I rip on mine often i love it lol all i can say is its peppy just dont like the noise output of this 4 cylinder.

Comment

I rip on mine often i love it lol all i can say is its peppy just dont like the noise output of this 4 cylinder.

I love the way mine sounds with the strömung catback on it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You should buy that turbo. I hear the guy that is selling it is really cool too.

As for keeping it NA I totally get it, it's exactly why I'm selling the snail. Another thing to add to the list if your car doesn't already have it, LSD. I went with a 4.44 smallcase, but it's a bit high strung for most people. The 4.10 ratio is a little more reasonable.

Comment

Great work here! Loving that interior! Can we get more shots?
              What's your dash and head-unit situation look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -ALaS

Comment

Love the car! I actually prefer the i lip to the is personally. I just need to find the best place to purchase one
                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

The interior came out pretty cool.

-
                  Project
                  Parts for Sale
                  Feedback
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by captain awesome View Post
                    You should buy that turbo. I hear the guy that is selling it is really cool too.

As for keeping it NA I totally get it, it's exactly why I'm selling the snail. Another thing to add to the list if your car doesn't already have it, LSD. I went with a 4.44 smallcase, but it's a bit high strung for most people. The 4.10 ratio is a little more reasonable.
                    It was very temping but its never just buying the turbo the money I would need to spend on engine management and fuel upgrades i'd be well above a 24v swap. I was looking into and I'm going to throw in the mustang injectors and get that chip mentioned above when I paint my spare intake manifold. hopefully that will make all the difference.

currently I have a 4.10 lsd swapped in pretty sure its a small case as well. car came with an open diff

Originally posted by alas View Post
                    Great work here! Loving that interior! Can we get more shots?
                    What's your dash and head-unit situation look like?
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dash is blah original dash and its cracked I just hide it until I find a decent dash locally. Right now the big decision at hand for me is a 370mm Mtech 2 wheel or renown with white stitching I feel like this would complement better but I like obtaining more rare sought after parts so idk.

but here you go also had the parcel shelf matched with the same bmw headliner material.

along with spare tire cover with some flare lol.

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                    Love the car! I actually prefer the i lip to the is personally. I just need to find the best place to purchase one
                    yea I like how adult like it looks, but I do miss having it especially since I paid for it.
                    Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                    The interior came out pretty cool.
                    Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys it. I've had some of my lady friends question my sexuality lol

Comment

Not to bash on renown but they are just another ebay wheel with more options personally I’d the mtech wheel. Either a 370mm mt1 or 2

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Not to bash on renown but they are just another ebay wheel with more options personally I’d the mtech wheel. Either a 370mm mt1 or 2
                        I feel you on that I've never wanted anything but a mtech but I'm getting tired of waiting for a wheel to show up decently priced. also I don't like having 90s airbag tech in front of my face the bags are like sandpaper!

Comment

I feel you on that I've never wanted anything but a mtech but I'm getting tired of waiting for a wheel to show up decently priced. also I don't like having 90s airbag tech in front of my face the bags are like sandpaper!

Have you thought about italvolanti?

This is mine in my 318i. I love it

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Wow love the interior! And the Compomotives are perfection.

Comment

Have you thought about italvolanti?

This is mine in my 318i. I love it

Sure sell me yours 😂 that isnt stock is it? Wheel looks to be padded.
                              Originally posted by kts View Post
                              Wow love the interior! And the Compomotives are perfection.
                              Thanks man they are a great wheel you wouldnt believe the brake clearance they provide at lease 4 inches of clearance from the spokes im sure a 6 pot would fit with ease.

Comment

Sure sell me yours [emoji23] that isnt stock is it? Wheel looks to be padded.

Never! It is not stock per say and I only say that because it is the wheel found the DTM e30 m3’s from back in the day. You can usually find them on ebay regularly by just searching italvolanti. It it is padded steering wheel I love them they are my go to wheel for these cars other then your tuner wheels like alpina,acs, hartge and then of course the m tech wheels.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X