No announcement yet.

Parents Won't Let Me Get Another E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get what you want and move into your friend's basement. That's what I did when I was 18 and bought a motorcycle.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

If I were you I'd try and find a 5 speed e46 wagon, or a e34 wagon. Regret not getting a wagon during highschool times

Comment

Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
        Just get something else a little larger and still fun. It's not worth butting heads with your parents over an old car.

Enjoy being young, take trips with your friends, don't worry about car builds. There's plenty of time to build cool shit and turn wrenches, enjoy it.

I realize this isn't helpful.

^^^ I sold my dd e30 for a volvo 850 wagon. I still miss my ix a lot but we pack up into the vo and take skate trips all over. ily volvo. Currently selling my turbo car so i can take a trip up the coast this summer (and pay rent lol)

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          Just buy it anyways. These things aren't getting cheaper.

That's what I did and I'm awesome. Be like me.
          ^^

When I was 13 my parents said "If you want a car when you're older you'll have to buy it yourself". Double edged sword, I saved every penny until I had my license and worked 2 jobs through high school. But it didn't matter what car I wanted because it would be mine. I bought a kickass e46 and it was the tits.

You're going to be 18 and presumably in college or moved out soon and at that point it's time to be able to make decisions without mom and pop's consent. Best advice I could give is... if you want something ,you're going to have to make some sacrifices. Insurance for these cars isn't very expensive and if you're really passionate about e30's, get a quote for yourself and bring up going on your own policy to them.

Comment

Tell him you're getting a miata for a while.. he'll 100% settle for an e30 ;)
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
              Get a Notchback 5.0.

This.
              But seriously, just save your money and walk/bike to school and work until you turn 18, then you'll be an adult and you can buy an e30 with your own money.

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
              90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
              87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
              90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
              87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
              71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Your e30 got totaled from a cracked Oil pan? Man if that's the case just about every e30 on this forum is totaled.

Also its better to as for forgiveness then permission so just go buy it and then let them bitch when its in your driveway and then you can be like well guy said no returns and title is in my name soooooo. Worked for me once.....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Be happy they're still giving you some kind of choice on what car you can have.
                  E30's suck, so listen to your parents.
                  My feedback:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                  @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

I didn't even get my first car until I was 18. Just get a good commuter car, Honda, Toyota whatever. Save money, do well in school get whatever you want when you turn 18.
                    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                      ^^^ I sold my dd e30 for a volvo 850 wagon. I still miss my ix a lot but we pack up into the vo and take skate trips all over. ily volvo. Currently selling my turbo car so i can take a trip up the coast this summer (and pay rent lol)
                      how did you like the Lolvo wagon?

seriously considering one for a dd as the Focus is boring as FCUK! Also because I've saved up a fair share of change after the body was finished on the e30.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

IMO suggesting a big FU to your parents is just a sign of a true douche bag. Have some respect for your parents, and discuss the issue with them. Sounds like they are worried about you living longer if you get in a crash, they might have a point. Some of us dont have parents that give a shit so be happy yours care Its your life, but im not one to flip off people who care about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                          how did you like the Lolvo wagon?

seriously considering one for a dd as the Focus is boring as FCUK! Also because I've saved up a fair share of change after the body was finished on the e30.

I fucking love my volvo. Its an 95 850 turbo wagon and it is the shit. It has absolutely nothing until about 3k then it scoots pretty good for being a fat turd. Lots of highway passing power. We always load it up with four or five people and all our crap and go where ever. Im 6'3" and ive slept many nights in the back. I cant stretch out completely but its still comfy. Ive used it to move furniture, engines, etc. So far ive only found one couch that wouldnt fit. Its also got the backwards facing third row seat which is cool as shit but pretty much useless unless youre 4ft tall. I have no idea how many miles are on it. The odo broke at 147k. but volvo dont care. the only things I would change about it are that its fwd and they used a timing belt. other than that I love this thing. Best dd ive ever had. Reliable, I can beat the shit out of it and it takes every bit of it, its a roomy wagon, comfy seats, you can hear the turbo :), i love the goofy color, etc.

volvo <3

http://jalopnik.com/the-volvo-850-wa...ble-1684956316

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

^ my first car was an old 745 and it was the best for friends/hauling stuff. I could pack my peavey halfstack and a drum kit with the back seats folded down. Just wish it was a 5 speed. After that I had a Subaru legacy wagon with a manual. Wagon life!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I'd suggest finding a solid e36 instead of e30. They're just an all around better car that will be easier to convince your parents is safer.
                              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X