My car is cooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is cooked

Best way at going around to making this better? Saved this car from certain death by the previous owner...:(
    Attached Files
    If you're not first you're last :nice:
    1987 325is

You can start by rotating the image 90 degrees clockwise

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      You can start by rotating the image 90 degrees clockwise
      Almost choked on my coffee.

Comment

I'm getting dizzy just making sense of this photo.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Remove all the interior from the boot, remove the tail lights.

Get a hammer and a piece of wood and start knocking it out. Do not hit the panel unless there is wood between the hammer and the panel. Get a friend with a large piece of wood and a rag around it and put the piece of wood on the outside of the car, so when you are banging the dent from the inside out you are hitting against something solid.

With enough time and patience you will be able to get 99% of that out no worries. Get some touch up paint for the areas where the paint is cracked.

Couple of hours of work and you will be back to motoring.

Comment

Comment

Looks easily fixable. Just remember, push out the dent with the hammer. Don't hammer it out. Learn hammer/dolly work, and the difference between hammer on dolly and hammer off dolly. Get it pretty straight, then use bondo. Make sure to remove all paint and primer from the area to be filled. Make sure you're adhering to bare, degreased metal. Block sand then prime with filler primer, then paint.

For the crinkled areas, you can buy a harbor freight stud welder and slide hammer to pull the low spots out, instead of pushing them out.

Bodywork (unless you're doing showcars) is really just busywork IMO. It's not difficult once you learn how to do it. The crunch simply moved metal, now it's your job to push it back into place. Try not to stretch it too much.
              Attached Files
              Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Working...
              X