Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    rentometer gives me this result for a 2k/mo 2bd:

50 2-bedroom rentals
    …in a 0.30 mile radius.
    Median rent: $2013
    Average rent: $2081
    60% between: $1384 – $2779
    80% between: $1017 – $3146

3-4k is still a lot, no matter where it is. It's also far above the typical rent for that area.
    sure, pull random numbers out of your ass...don't bother listening to someone born and raised in the area
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      sure, pull random numbers out of your ass...don't bother listening to someone born and raised in the area
      Lol, rentometer.com == Brave's asshole. Got it.

Comment

Oh so you work in real estate now? You track the median and average rent of apartments in your area?

Go ahead and argue with that website's data if you don't like the conclusions it's drawing from your area, but at least it's based on some sort of data rather than your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
          Anyway - I totally agree with you on the wage thing. These are jobs for people to take when they have no skills.

I personally think anyone in a minimum wage job past the age of 21 is an utter failure and shouldn't be allowed to vote.

But from a policy and an economic standpoint, I could argue otherwise.
          Agree 100%
          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Because 1/3 mile radius around downtown Gaslamp area is where anyone wants to live...get a grip it's not about the website it's about you not knowing what the fuck you're looking at when you plugged in a random search.

Not to mention your entire derailing is fucking moronic. I never said I paid $4k in rent. That was the number sleeve pulled out of his ass. A bunch of numbers pulled out of your collective asses stacked on top of each other that doesn't even make a point.

Comment

Smells like butthurt in here, you probably need a break from this forum dude.

Comment

Smells like butthurt in here, you probably need a break from this forum dude.
                Oh so you work in real estate now? You track the median and average rent of apartments in your area?

Go ahead and argue with that website's data if you don't like the conclusions it's drawing from your area, but at least it's based on some sort of data rather than your imagination.
                Your argument is nonsensical. I posted my housing cost when I was working in fast food in 1995. Sleeve piped up with questioning whether $3500 rentals actually existed (a claim I never made--but pointed out that it doesn't take much effort to verify their existence).

One doesn't need to work in real estate to know that, not only do they exist, but they're common. And comparing median housing values doesn't refute anything about one person's actual housing expenses. And this may be a surprise to you, but the craigslist ads you are relying on don't tally the entirety of one's housing cost.

You come back with plugging random numbers into a website you apparently don't even understand how to use. You don't understand the area because you live two states away and you think that looking up 2 bedroom rentals in a commercial area in San Diego on craigslist somehow approximates the cost of living in the greater San Diego area *or* refutes someone who lives here telling you his cost of housing when twenty years ago and currently.

Makes a lot of sense to you, someone living in Montana, and someone living in Arizona; but once you step outside your rural or suburban bubble your points unravel quickly.

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                    Minimum wage scrubs are playing a dangerous game. We are not at all far from having the redbox model applied to grocery stores and fast food chains. The only question is how long will it be until it is cheaper to install all the machinery to serve food, rather than pay someone $7.25/hr or in Seattle's case $15.00/hr. The tremendous irony is that people claim that minimum wage should be a liveable wage, when I don't see anyone making minimum wage who is too poor to survive. Pretty soon the liveable wage will turn into no wage, securing more wealth for the nations financial elites.

Also, here is a great video explaining why flipping burgers is not only undeserving of $15/hr, but totally unsustainable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19elXV10tXM

They get by because of Federal/State benefits that we all pay for in the form of higher taxes and tax breaks for large corporations.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      They get by because of Federal/State benefits that we all pay for in the form of higher taxes and tax breaks for large corporations.
                      turns out that's unnecessary

past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

So when can I flip burger or clean toilets for $20hr?
                        Also how do I get that free money like ebt and stuff?
                        Can I just say I'm really poor and they give me da money or have lot of kid and day give me section 8s houses for free?

I hear day also give free phones is dis tru? I just triana get my money ya kno.

Comment

O <- the point / you -> somewhere over there

if you pay people a living wage, they don't need the gov't benefits that come out of our fucking paychecks. i'm a software engineer who lives in california. do you think i like paying as much tax as i do? of fucking course i want programs like that to end.

additional benefit: if you're the company that pays the most for a given job, you get to pick and choose from the best candidates, and you'll deliver the best service if you make good hiring decisions

not fucking complicated, but if you want to make an informed argument about it, it helps to have management experience and some knowledge of economic theory that's a little broader than bill o'reilly's wharrgarrbl
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            What's your point? I'm well aware that company's like Trader Joes, Costco, and Whole Foods actually pay decent wages to their employees.

My point is employees of places like Wal-Mart depend on subsidies to get by why the Walton family literally brings in Billions in profits per year.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Because 1/3 mile radius around downtown Gaslamp area is where anyone wants to live...get a grip it's not about the website it's about you not knowing what the fuck you're looking at when you plugged in a random search.
                              haha smooth isn't loosing any grip. I just had to interject on his behalf.

He was mentioning downtown San Diego and my friends ARE in real estate. A more refined quick search goes like this.

+$1400-4000, 300-600 sq. ft studio
                              +$1800-5800, 300-800 sq.ft 1bed 1bath
                              +$2900-6000, 600-1200 sq.ft 2bed 1-2bath

Right around outside of downtown there are absolute dumps so you can find yourself a house that's falling apart with a room for $600.

.... proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                What's your point? I'm well aware that company's like Trader Joes, Costco, and Whole Foods actually pay decent wages to their employees.

My point is employees of places like Wal-Mart depend on subsidies to get by why the Walton family literally brings in Billions in profits per year.
                                Originally posted by decay View Post
                                if you pay people a living wage, they don't need the gov't benefits that come out of our fucking paychecks
                                > make same point
                                > still argue
                                > LOUD NOISES
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X