1985 325e | M60b40 | Fifty Shades of Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
    That's one Clean Bronzit! Got any more spoilers for sale ?
    I'll let you know if I get my hands on any.

My Subwoofer amp died after 5 years and two repairs. I bought a new one, its bigger. Bigger is better in this case.

Both side skirts fell off, in search of IS skirts now.

V8 parts. 1G... and counting.

Started the teardown

Someone was burning oil...

The heads were taken to a local machinist for inspection and valve seal replacement. Thankfully they were flat and didn't need machining! This gave me a much better feeling about the heads and block.

Lots of cleaning to do right now.

Lots of cleaner, lots of patience, lots of brushes

The timing cover broke in two spots. I get to go spend some hours at the junkyard now pulling another one. I'm not very happy about it. I also have no idea how they broke.

I blacked out things. I had spares laying around and got bored with the orange on bronzit. Black is much more fitting!

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

cars coming along so nicely! A set of wheels will make this thing look so much better.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        cars coming along so nicely! A set of wheels will make this thing look so much better.

Comment

Did that new Sub and Amp rattle the Skirts off?? :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            quoting Simon 10x because he's a genius
            :ST1G:

I like the way you think, I think I will go do the same
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Awesome project! What wheels are those?? More pics please!

Comment

Your wishes have been granted! Wheels!!!

I had had ordered ESM-004 in the 17x8, and got a call from ESM the next day saying they have been discontinued, but they had 17x9's in stock for the same price. I questioned fitment, but the guys at ESM said the fronts would fit with a fender roll and a 5mm spacer.

So I ordered motorsport hardware Studs and some 5mm spacers as well.

I wanted a square setup, for rotation purposes, so they are wrapped in a 215/40/17... It's a little skinny for my taste, but I was under the impression the wheels would rub. I rolled the rear fenders just slightly as a safety precaution and have yet to rub at all. I think my next set of tires will be 225/40's.

Well it turned out, an 8mm spacer was needed to clear the front struts, and I scraped up the inside lips of the wheel thanks to the guys at ESM :hitler: Needless to say I was pissed, but they do look damn good.

I had to buy spacers locally, and they BARELY clear the front brake caliper

:ST1G:

The front needs to be just a little lower, so I'm currently looking into e90 drop hats.
                  Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

just went through this whole thread, awesome turnaround

Comment

Noiiiicee
                      sigpic
                      '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                      Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

What a transformation! Seriously impressive work, Bronzit has never looked so good.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                          What a transformation! Seriously impressive work, Bronzit has never looked so good.
                          Wut.

Ben, Willy probably has some higher quality spacers you can buy. I got a 5mm set for $20 from him. They are laser cut.

Comment

Jealous.
                            1988 325is

Comment

That looks damn good!!

Comment

Update!!

Got new timing chains guides on

Cut and trimmed some wood for roof racks!

Lining up the wood to drill holes for the screws before staining

Decided on purple stain

Right three with clear coat vs. left two w/o

And finished! They'll be mounted tomorrow after a little more cure time

Took out the drivers seat because one of the cables that folds the seat up fell off

Also got my care package from garagistic!!

New head gaskets and heads installed tonight as well

I should be able to get the engine mostly timed and at least the lower timing cover installed tomorrow. A very productive day to say the least! :D
                                Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X